HubSpot Ideas

Paula

Ability to make 'Custom Modules' 'Global Modules'

We create custom modules (CM) because we like them. We want to re-use them whenever it's appropriate through our site so that any change in content is reflected wherever the custom module is used.

For whatever reason, you can't do this in HubSpot. We need the ability to make CMs global modules (a "Global Custom Module" if you like). 

For example, we have a testimonials section that is a CM. We'd like to repeat that on some of our landing pages. But to do that, we have to add the CM and then add all the content again. If we get another testimonial, we need to remember on which pages the CM was placed and go and edit them all. Silly, right?

4 Replies
kleonard
HubSpot Product Team

mherzog
HubSpot Product Team

RKneller
Contributor

100% agree! We have a logo scroller module that has to be updated in numerous places when we want to add to it.

Being able to switch it to a "global module" with one central editing place would be a dream. I asked Support and our theme developer about this and there doesn't appear to be a way yet. 

amsteiner
Participant

Yes please! The ability to create persistent or global modules would be extremely beneficial. I used to work at an Amazon company; to my recollection, the setup was something like: 3 slots in the header, 20 in the body, and say 3 in the footer. When creating a module I could choose to place it in say, top slot 1 on one page, multiple pages, or ALL pages. That made editing and testing copy extremely simple, so maybe that's a future architecture that HubSpot CMS could mirror to empower marketers and web designers to test and be more responsive to user behaviour. 

Currently, we have a lead gen pop-up CTA module on most pages in a banner about 250px high above the footer, and I'd really like to test that module and CTA copy without having to create A/B or multivariate tests on like 30 pages. I'd also want to use different copy for different seasons as a matter of course, but currently it's just not realistic. 

Another use case for this is for announcement banners like, phones are down, or we're closed for break, etc. — lately we've been doing that with a small unobtrusive pop-up but that's a lot. A slim 50px header at the top of all pages would be much preferred.