HubSpot Ideas

wmflan39

Ability to link to other COS pages as sub-topics

I was very excited to see the [Strategy] Topic Cluster tool rolled out this week; I'm in th emidst of re-organizing my content around topics and this just seemed like perfect timimg. Except...

Apparently, I can only link sub-topics to my blog posts. I tried to link to supporting COS pages but selection was only to blog pages. 

When I enter 'Choose another post' (which is confusing because I want to add a page), the tool allows me to provide an 'external URL' (really? I want to link a page on my site...?), then it rejects the provided URL because 'We haven’t found a link from the subtopic content to the core topic content.', while clearly there are links to and from my pillar and sub pages. Is this designed only to link blog content to the pillar page?

tl;dr It wold be very helpful if we could link other COS pages to the pillar page.

Otherwise, great tool.

WmFlanigan

4 Replies
hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @wmflan39! This is definitely something that is on our roadmap. We started with Blog posts since those are the most common content type used for subtopics. In the meantime, you can attach landing and website pages using the "Attach External URL" option.

wmflan39
Contributor

hroberts,

I did notice shortly after I posted this, that the ability to attach external (?) COS pages had been improved. Thanks for your attention to this.

WmFlanigan

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

Lars
HubSpot Product Team