HubSpot Ideas

kingedwardsIII

Ability to insert Personalized Token data into a Salesforce Task description

Hubspot should have the ability to insert Personalized Token data into the Salesforce Task description.

Marketo does this. #justsaying

11 Replies
Kriszti
Contributor

This would be super helpful for us as well!

Right now we are able to add personalization tokens when creating HubSpot tasks, sending slack notifications, etc....but still unable to add any personalization to salesforce tasks.

There is no good way to push page visit info to salesforce, it is sadly missing from the integration. A workaround for this would be to push tasks to salesforce tasks when leads visit certain pages. For this, it would be good to have the ability to add last page seen in a personalization token

Msyvrais
Key Advisor

why wouldnt we have access to tolkens in salesforce tasks?

AndrewinKC
Contributor

Agreed that that this would be very helpful. We would love to pass some of our custom properties as part of the task description.

Andrew Perl

evancnormanPC

I was able to set up a workaround where I checked only Tasks Created to be synced to Salesforce, which for my organization, this will be the only use case for HS Tasks and syncing that Task information. HS Tasks can receive tokens and so I will write token info into those in my workflow, and the sync will pass the HS Task -> Salesforce Task. This wouldn't work if you are using HS Tasks for something else and don't want that info synced to Salesforce, but otherwise, it does pass tokens and other custom concatenated info as expected into the Salesforce task description correctly. 

darmlinatchaos
Participant

This would extremely useful. Going to hack around it with contact property sync's to SFDC and automation on the SFDC side for now. 

IanShaw

+1. We're migrating away from Marketo, and I'm very surprised to find that this isn't already supported.

uoduwa

Agree - this is much needed!

Allie_
Participant

This would also be really helpful to our team. We want to include information in the task so that it is very clear what contact / account to update in SFDC. Having this step in the workflow is not really helpful if our team still has to dig around for information to complete the task.

MrsTalvio

This would be also super helpful for us. Is there any update on this? Is this possibility coming anytime soon?

CHawkins
Top Contributor

Just echoing the need for this. My team wants to add insights for the sales team within the task name so they can prioritize but there is no way to customize this dynamically. 

Our current workaround is to create a series of if/then branches to narrow down what the task title is but this is very cumbersome. 

Ideally, the task titles would be {{Request Type}} - {{Lifecycle stage}} - {{Lead Source}} but right now we have to have a branch off for each of those. 

MProfilet

Just wanted to echo the above!