HubSpot Ideas

Yoshi

Ability to have option to enable/disable documents download

Currently, when files are sahred, the file can be downloaded by everyone who got shared with that specific document. 

However, there are certain times that we would not want the files to be shared. 

Thus, it would be great if we have an option to disable the documents to be dounloaded. 

Actualizaciones de HubSpot
Estado actualizado a: Not Currently Planned
October 29, 2020 06:31 AM

Hi everyone, 

Thanks you for all of your perspectives on this issue. We are continue to follow this thread, but unfortunately at this time there are no plans to develop this Idea. This is not to say that this idea will never be developed, just that there are no plans to do so at this time.

Best,

Glen

Estado actualizado a: Not Currently Planned
April 27, 2020 03:09 PM

For transparency, I'm updating this issue to 'Not currently planned' as the team is not planning on this in the next quarter of work.

Best,

Glen

135 Comentarios
NLevavi
Miembro

Currently, I use Google Drive and Box to manage files I exchange with clients and investors.

This small request (disabling the download feature) will motivate me and many others to migrate quickly everything into hubspot.   Please give it a higher priority - Your ROI will be immense, it's relatively a small efforts that can make many of your customers really happy.

DSmallwood
Miembro

Please enable this.  It's a really basic and important feature.

Setting up box to do what we need to do now instead.

Vishesh_Singhal
Participante

Hi @Yoshi ,

We have solved this problem through our HubSpot app, CloudFiles. It looks and feels exactly like HubSpot Attachments but when you upload a file, a link is generated. You can activate/de-activate this link, put hard & soft ID validation, do time tracking, integrate with workflows etc... all in the context of your records. It is an enhancement over the HubSpot Documents tool.

We plan to launch it in March and are looking for prospective customers for feedback. 

If you like, you can try out the app from HubSpot Marketplace.

NYOFFMARKET
Participante

Another thing to pay for al a carte...

I should have known. 

SAgarwal
Miembro

This is a huge feature for us, and extremely easy to code. Just disable the download button or remove it altogether for certain documents. Simple feature request you guys should be able to do in just a few days!

Vishesh_Singhal
Participante

Hi @SAgarwal ,

Along with enabling/disabling of link, we are also supporting enabling/disabling download. All options would be in the security dialog. Dialogs on slide 6 & slide 9 here will collectively provide this functionality.

It's currently not shown in the screenshots but we do have it in our first version.

Hope you find it helpful.

Thanks

WorkshopBuilt
Colaborador | Partner

Help us NOT have to use yet another tool to do something that seems pretty doable for HubSpot. Please activate this feature that would let us control the downloading setting!

End of rant.

Thank you. 

travwhite
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond

Hey guys, 

It doesn't look like it's on the roadmap at all, so I wouldn't hold our breath but keep upvoting the Idea! 

In the meantime, I have found a perfect solution for this - CloudFiles

It's not in the Hubspot App Store and been speaking with the founder, they are very responsive and perfectly fits the needs! I suggest you all download it and try it! It's perfect! 

ASaigal
Participante

Why is this currently not planned? It is such an easy lift (i.e. LOE). 

FMacias
Miembro

please reconsider this idea! we need it so badly.

I have just quited using HubSpot Documents.
now I am using Google Drive that has this feature.

bruiz
Miembro

Yes We  clearly need this

magronin
Miembro

Desperately would love this!

Gabriele
Miembro

This is very important guys.

I have to subscribe to other platforms to do that.

ESupportTeam
Miembro

Really needed here too! Please move on with these feature!

SunnyGill
Participante

Hubspot just doesn't care about this issue, people have been asking for it for 4 years now. 
I've had to take out a separate subscription to DocSend just to get around this nonsense.

Probably the best thing I did though, far superior to the rubbish from HubSpot!

Vishesh_Singhal
Participante

Hi Everyone,

We developed a solution for HubSpot to address this exact issue. Our solution, CloudFiles is built for HubSpot, and is available in HubSpot marketplace -https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/sales/sales-enablement/cloudfiles.

It might be an affordable alternative for people needing to share & track documents in HubSpot.

LHopkinson
Miembro

@glencornell Is there any update on this? A pretty major feature to have for sensitive information sharing. Would be amazing to have an update on the progress of this 

agbush
Miembro

Adding voice to this

NToronto
Miembro

Raising this again - removing the download ability would be a HUGE value-add to our team

SamStAmour
Colaborador | Partner nivel Elite

Maybe if we could at least "track" if the document was downloaded? It could show you downloaded the document, at what time.