HubSpot Ideas

Yoshi

Ability to have option to enable/disable documents download

Currently, when files are sahred, the file can be downloaded by everyone who got shared with that specific document. 

However, there are certain times that we would not want the files to be shared. 

Thus, it would be great if we have an option to disable the documents to be dounloaded. 

HubSpot Updates
Not Currently Planned
October 29, 2020 06:31 AM

Hi everyone, 

Thanks you for all of your perspectives on this issue. We are continue to follow this thread, but unfortunately at this time there are no plans to develop this Idea. This is not to say that this idea will never be developed, just that there are no plans to do so at this time.

Best,

Glen

Not Currently Planned
April 27, 2020 03:09 PM

For transparency, I'm updating this issue to 'Not currently planned' as the team is not planning on this in the next quarter of work.

Best,

Glen

135 Replies
aki

Defenitely we need this function, so we can use Hubspot more often than Box.

tdb

The latest PDF I uploaded was rendered in a way that broke the fonts. As a work around I uploaded a .docx file which had no rendering issue BUT - because of the available "download" feature - we couldn't sent this to our customers ... or do you want your customer editing your word docs. Hence _ YES - the feature to enable / disable at files level is important

snelsonsf

I totally agree. I submitted a similar issue to your support group & they gave me this link. If you're trying to compete with other products in this space, you need to have table stakes features - which include controls over whether you want people to be able to: 1) download; or 2) share with others.

jacob-f

I would like to disable this feature for some of our documents.... 

Any options to do this? 

jennysowyrda
Community Manager

Hi @jacob-f

It is currently not possible to disable the ability to download documents. If this is something you would like to see implemented in the future, I would encourage you to create an idea in our ideas forum

Thank you,

Jenny

jacob-f

Thanks  - to the forum  ----

edmund
Participant | Platinum Partner

Yes, this is critical!!!!!

SimuSophie

Agreed - it would be really useful if we could track internal sharing for documents hosted on Hubspot, which would essentially be replicating the features of DocSend. As a team we're currently reluctant to move our documents from Docsend onto Hubspot as we will lose alot of tracking capabilities - it would be good if we could send a document to one person and then have clear data who they shared it with

jgray

Prevent documents from being downloaded when viewed by link recipient.

An important requirement in sharing confidential documents and not losing track of where copies end up.

ariwinkleman

Absolutely need this! With download enabled, we can't track when prospects are actually viewing docs.

Schmitt_Matt

Very important feature for our use case 

Schmitt_Matt

Very important feature

amogh_sopact

Yes.

There are a few questions across the community for this. 
When HS launched documents, the download button was absent. Very rightly so. 

Gave me all the insights about the reader and their reading. Also could update/upgrade the document as many times as I want without worrying about version control. 

The current download button on the documents is SO COUNTER PRODUCTIVE! 
How can I manually (if need be) turn this off? 

Servispart

Just asked support for this feature to prevent unauthorised downloads of our IPR content and was sent here.

Like others, we use this feature with Docsend and want to move to using Hubspot documents instead.

Without this feature though, prospects are able to download content and share it with competitors (which we can't allow) and we also lose the ability to track opens, reads, capture emails, etc. when they share it elsewhere.

We also lose the capability to control the period of time they are able to view it. This is essential to retract commercially sensitive proposals and presentations when we have lost the project to someone else. Of course, when documents are downloaded without our consent, we have no way of controlling this. Our documents contain commercial notices disallowing this sharing without permission but we can't stop it or know when someone has broken trust.

In our view, this feature is therefore essential.

arsh_singh

Hi team,

In order to fully leverage the document analytics, the users should have an option to disable the download option at the document level. 

Quick to implement, yet extremely powerful for all users and adds a lot of value. 

JmSeigneur

Yes it would be nice to have the option to disable download if needed.

maxEnergeticIns

I would like to add my support for this a feature.  Having download as default WITHOUT the option to disable (by a document, not global) basically defeats the purpose of the feature.

DaveCata

Agree with the posters above - this feature is needed ASAP.

No point hosting important documents and pricing without being able to control sharing of these materials.

jmliffrig
Participant

Yes please, this would be a very important feature. 

raketost
Participant

Agree. Must be a quickfix!