HubSpot Ideas

Yoshi

Ability to have option to enable/disable documents download

Currently, when files are sahred, the file can be downloaded by everyone who got shared with that specific document. 

However, there are certain times that we would not want the files to be shared. 

Thus, it would be great if we have an option to disable the documents to be dounloaded. 

135 Comentários
TomTomTomTom
Membro

This would be very important for us. Ridiculous it's not implemented after such a long time.

travelinandy
Membro

Shocking this is still not possible at this point. Would rather not have to use DocSend or other solutions. This should be easy to change. Please be transparent and share why you won't allow Hubspot users the ability to disable downloads of certain documents. 

edmund
Participante | Parceiro Platinum

100% agree, this is outrageous, and a complete feature failure.

NYOFFMARKET
Participante

It's outrageous at this point. My developer could implement sommething like this in a few hours. I know it soudns petty, but the lack of listening to ideas like this is the main reason that I am actively looking to migrate my platform away from Hubspot. For the amount of money we pay, ideas should be at least considered and replied to. 

joelpacheco
Participante

I just came here to upvote this feature! Robô muito feliz

I'm moving from Box to Hubspot for managing shareable documents. I was using Box because they have that option which provides a bit of 'security'. Although a user can always screenshot the **bleep** of it, I'd rather have the option.

DBuemerad
Membro

I agree, I'm facing this issue now and it would be great to be able to send non-downloadable files via HS. As per the above posts, this feature is needed asap.

lraymond
Membro

It's frustrating to find that this critical feature has been ignored by Hubspot for years. 

fransf
Membro

Agree with @lraymond, very frustrating to see!

Pre1
Participante

We are using to share the document and it's great to see statistics around it. But it would be great to disable download, as after that there is no way to see how many views it got. And we do not want it to be widely shared.

Dejo
Membro

Instead of working on those easy to implement features, HubSpot releases Enterprise features that none of the other license users can use... When I started using HubSpot, the emphasis was on creating value for everybody. I don't like where this is heading...

travwhite
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

@Yoshi seeing the status is about 3 years old, could you or a member of the product team be able to give an update on this? 

for those who want to make some noise - get as many people to like this idea. Best way to get something bumped up in dev. 

let's hope it's this year 🙏🏽

NYOFFMARKET
Participante

At this point, I am not even sure if Hubspot reads these

claytonmcdonald
Membro

Bump. This needs to be a function and added to HubSpot's development queue.

DMatClariter
Membro

It's really a pity it's not yet planned in 2020! It should be an easy function to develop and it is vital in many cases, where you can't allow your recepiant to download the document. This issue, probably, makes the same "documents" tool way underused and it is difficult to understand the custmer appreciation for the tool.

GaryTesta
Colaborador(a)

absolutely need this feature, again so basic and so obvious and so simple!

Hubspot come on and surprise us!  Fix this issue!

claytonmcdonald
Membro

This is ridiculous we don't have this feature yet! Such a basic ask that HubSpot is completely ignoring.

NYOFFMARKET
Participante

I will be cancelling my Hubspot account next week. There are multiple reasons but the lack of response and feedback to simple implementation ideas is the biggest culprit. Hubspot only cares about the large corporate clients spending $1,000's per month. It took me a long time to realize it but I am glad I did. Good luck everyone. 

Status atualizado para: Not Currently Planned
glencornell
Equipe de Produto da HubSpot

Hi everyone, 

Thanks you for all of your perspectives on this issue. We are continue to follow this thread, but unfortunately at this time there are no plans to develop this Idea. This is not to say that this idea will never be developed, just that there are no plans to do so at this time.

Best,

Glen

travwhite
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Diamante

Hey, @glencornell Thanks for the update - the thread has been kicking about for about 3 years now. Whilst you mentioned that you guys haven't got this on the roadmap, it would be good to get some context into this. Understand that it might be not a no, but just not now. 

Be interested to understand why - it's it moreso a property based on capacity sort of thing. Without knowing too much about the structure, would something of this level be pretty easy to update the ability to turn it off and on? Or does privacy and legal come into it? 

Thanks again Glen for the update - I know if we can get a few answers around the above then comments about cancellations and frustrations might be lowered. 

Trav - NBH

rwong
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting this on behalf of a customer. It'll be great if there could be feature at a portal level or a document level to prevent contacts from downloading the document (e.g. if it's a sensitive document for them to view only)