HubSpot Ideas

Yoshi

Ability to have option to enable/disable documents download

Currently, when files are sahred, the file can be downloaded by everyone who got shared with that specific document. 

However, there are certain times that we would not want the files to be shared. 

Thus, it would be great if we have an option to disable the documents to be dounloaded. 

135 Replies
SunnyGill
Participant

I strongly agree with @Yoshi  - this is a crucially required fix and is such a simple thing to implement, @HubSpot Team!

Please fix this fast, until such time, I will have to look elsewhere to hosting important docs. 

Also, @NYOFFMARKET , @travwhite@edmund , @Schmitt_Matt  - do any of you ever find that the fonts and content become blurred or sometimes change when uploading a PDF? 

NYOFFMARKET
Participant

@SunnyGill ,  I have not had that problem as of yet. I still cannot understand how this has not been implemented. I also think that there should be the cabability to add a pop-up form to each document. Essentially the same concept as the "required email" single field form that currently pops-up but have the ability to customize and add other fields.

LOrgan

@SunnyGill  I have problems with embedded video links in docs (specifically pdf's) becoming dead as soon as we upload to HubSpot! No issues with fonts or blurriness though.

HubSpot - any update? This is an easy fix for you guys... 

jackielee
Participant

I think that this will be so helpful! It is a way to make sharing documents a bit more secure!

NYOFFMARKET
Participant

How has this not been implemented yet?

Arcalea
Member | Diamond Partner

There is no reason. This is crazy and should be done ASAP!!

simona1

It would be good if there would be a possibility to decide between various options when sharing sales documents. In some cases, I would not want my prospects to download/distribute the document I am sharing with them. 

mtb

This would make the document function much more useful. 

RMSales

Hello,

One of the main reason I would share a document through Hubspot is to be able to track when a prospect open the document. It is also very useful to keep only one version out there by updating a document.

Right now I can't find a way to disable the download when sharing a document.

In my opinion this makes the sharing document feature quite useless!

@MFrankJohnson @Jsum any idea on how can we make the HubSpot Product Team work on this?

It is really frustrating to see this post for more than 2 years without any news!

Doug_Aguiar

Indeed, IMHO, it is a must have feature.

The request is posted since 2017, guys!

NYOFFMARKET
Participant

Am I reading correctly that this was posted by a Hubspot employee, in 2017, and there is still no update? I would think that this is an extremely easy fix?

Dejo

Can't believe this hasn't been implemented yet... Smiley Mad

What can we do to push this?

NYOFFMARKET
Participant

I genuinly feel as though no one from Hubspot reads these ideas. This post is 2.5 years old and not even a response. I am workign on migrating my CRM away from Hubspot. For the money, its not worth the aggrivation. These are all simple implementations, I dont think its asking for too much. 

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

For transparency, I'm updating this issue to 'Not currently planned' as the team is not planning on this in the next quarter of work.

Best,

Glen

edmund
Participant | Platinum Partner

Booooooooo, the fact that a extremely simple toggle button to disable downloading of a document is constantly backburnered is unacceptable. This was a critical feature that used to exist, and was overlooked in a rush to release a facelifted version of HubSpot. Major disappointment and forces us to use DocSend. 

NYOFFMARKET
Participant

Horrible feedback response from paying customers. This is not a lot to ask. 

travwhite
Contributor | Diamond Partner
Thanks for the update Glen, gives us some idea that someone from Hubspot is listening. Though when providing feedback and updates like this it might be better to give an understanding of why this has not progressed further. A listing that is over 2 years old and from my experience seems like a fix that won't need a whole lot of dev time to implement (seeing as this used to be a feature). Maybe you can give us some ideas on why this is being pushed back, why it was taken off and a better idea around why Hubspot doesn't see value in having this. I believe if you can give us answers to this we will have a better idea holistically on the matter. Thanks again, Glen!
c17jing

I see the hubspot team has decided not to prioritize this feature. This means we are stuck using Docsend for the time being. We were really hoping to cancel Docsend to start paying for the Sales Starter Hub, but I suppose that will have to wait. 

edmund
Participant | Platinum Partner

C'mon already HubSpt. This tiny little feature not being developed is causing a huge headache for us all. Suck an easy fix. Sad to see our voices being so ignored. 3rd party document sharing software shouldn't be 10x better than HubSpot, 

finn
Top Contributor

+1