HubSpot Ideas

Yoshi

Ability to have option to enable/disable documents download

Currently, when files are sahred, the file can be downloaded by everyone who got shared with that specific document. 

However, there are certain times that we would not want the files to be shared. 

Thus, it would be great if we have an option to disable the documents to be dounloaded. 

135 Comentarios
Arcalea
Miembro | Partner nivel Diamond

Is there any movement on this topic? It seems an obvious, useful, and needed update which is also simple to implement (I know easy to say). Please advise!

Arcalea

Hey all- 

I see this request was made over a year ago. Any consideration on updates which would faciliate the reqest? The function seems obvious - if a company might want to share material, and track viewership by page (which HS currently does) then why not disable download, where that tracking and engagement is lost?

Is there a response to the request? I see many others have asked and for each that has, there are dozens if not hundreds who want the function but just haven't communicated the request. 

Thanks in advance!

Arcalea

I agree - did you ever get a satisfactory answer to your request? 

Thanks!

Arcalea

Ok all- I've been told the squeaky wheel gets the grease. So we need frequency and volume to this thread to get the change. Here's my Day 1. 

WE NEED THE OPTION TO DISABLE DOWNLOAD!!! WHO IS WITH ME?!!?!?!?!?!?

edmund
Participante | Partner nivel Platinum

Yessssssssssss, this is insane. Allowing recipients to download a document automatically negates the entire tracking features. **bleep** HubSpot team, simply make the “Download” button optional to the user creating document, and use “display:none” css class to make it disappear when needed. This bad user design, has definitely cost me deals. PLEASE FIX THIS NOW HUBSPOTTTTTT!!!!!

Schmitt_Matt
Miembro

Let's do this!

Arcalea

Awesome- day 2 of comments begging for overdue, easy option! Thanks for your help!

aki
Miembro

Definitely, such function is needed.

Because of not having such a function, we are using Box.

The box is much better than Hubspot at this point.

However, Hubspot is better since Hubspot is Marketing Automation.

Please be aware that this function is way more important than other functions.

Arcalea

Agree with above posts- no point in sharing and tracking if the audience can download, then feasibly you're only going to get 1 tracked visit per sent document. Why even track?!? This seems to defeat itself. Harder to enable download than it is to just display. This should be the default. There are 1000 ways to share a document, but fewer to show w/out DL. Might need to get a box account to add to this just for this feature. 

Please fix this year-old problem ASAP!!

edmund

Agreed, this issue was created by a resdesign of this feature a at ago, and it’s shameful that something that should take an hour of development tops, has been abandoned or ignored.

HubSpot, let’s make this right!!!!!!!

Arcalea

Morning Hubspot team (and all of the customers who have been asking for a simple, easily implemented feature)!

Its time today to remind the community we need this feature! Please contribute and respond if you agree!

M

Schmitt_Matt
Miembro

Do it, Hubspot! Do it!

edmund

Please HubSpot team,

Make our holiday wish come true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

edmund

Still shocked this simple feature is being overlooked by HubSpot. The feature goes against the purpose of this tool, to be able to share a document to be "viewed" and for sender (HubSpot customer) to view stats on viewer's activity. By allowing recipient to download incentivises them to do so, and then provides sender any information or control of confidential documents. Please get it together HubSpot product team, this is an easy fix!!!!!

Cogh
Miembro

The lack of this feature is stopping us from using Hubspot for documents. We have to stick with Box.

View tracking with a download button is going to be inaccurate by design.

vnssb
Miembro

I need this very much! Why isn't this possible? Stopping me from using Hubspot documents completely useless without. 

NYOFFMARKET
Participante

We host multiple documents within Hubspot and would like to have the ability to prevent viewers frmo downloading the files. Hosting documents as "view only" would be a great feature that many users of the Hubspot system would utilize. 

travwhite
Colaborador | Partner nivel Diamond
+1 for this one
NYOFFMARKET
Participante

Thanks for merging this. I am glad that there are others that feel this is a necessary option!

LOrgan
Miembro

I would support this. Such basic functionality - when you are sharing commercially sensitive documents it is a pre-requisite that you are in control of them. 

HubSpot please sort asap!!!