HubSpot Ideas

purvad

Ability to format easily

Adding the format painter tool (like in word) for the copy to make it same throughout the Email.

18 Replies
CLWorking
Participant

Yes!!!

How is this not a thing? And how are there not any votes around this?

Maybe I'm missing an easy way to copy into an email and make it all look the same??

cslana

No, you're not missing it! This has been a HUGE issue for us when copying/pasting from another document. It's SO hard to match everything exactly. Having a paste w/o formatting option or a format painter tools is a NEED.

paddy0795

It is desperately needed....if you copy and paste something into the blog tool and the formatting is different, you can't even see what the format is...so you have to guess what font is being used and what px...so painful. Every bog standard text editor has a format painter these days so why not a premium product like hubspot?

Stapper
Participant

HubSpot is supposed to be the Cadillac Solution. Copying/pasting issues abundant, and the lack of a format painter, speaks to the contrary.

Does HubSpot listen to its customers or because it rules the world now, not so much?

Don't forget your roots.

Delphine

I miss that tool several times a day when composing emails in HS. If I need to copy and paste some text into my HS email, it looks different. I have to then copy the whole email once finished, paste it into Word to format it and copy and paste it again into HS. What a waste of time. 

A little Outlook format painter would just solve this 🙂

AMeshnick

Agreed - can this not be easily implemented @hubspot? It makes things very tough not having this 

elisabethM

Hugely helpful and time saving when making blog posts and litteraly anything with text. 

erinslyke
Participant

This is absolutely needed! What a time suck to copy/paste only to find you just need to re-type the entire thing.

DBrewington

Adding to please include this.

Copying from gdocs for us is adding font-size: 11px in new span tags - ruining any template CSS.

We use a lot of links and it would add more time to use past without formatting.

Assoc-Sacto
Participant

Just became a new client and am missing this feature!

KZehder

Please tell me you have this hidden somewhere. The format button is present in everything else. Why not Hubspot?

LChausse2

This is very much needed. It's so frustrating and embarassing to craft and email and it looks 100% fine on hubspot and then when it sends it has several different text formats/colors. At a minimum Hubspot should allow users to highlight text and see what the current formatting. Ideally Hubspot would show text as will appear in an email, have visibility into current formatting, and allow pasting to the default formatting.

SSzkrybalo

Please please please hubspot! Currently my method is just to remove all formatting from a text section and rebuild but that can also remove my links and things. It's beyond annoying to not be able to format easily.

GAquilina

PLEASE ADD THIS HUBSPOT!!!  Without this shortcut, I'm stuck fiddling with between set formatting and what I need for my brand.

Lara_Q
Participant

How this has been asked for 3 years and has not been implemented yet it baffles me. I asked support about this and the solution I was given was to copy and paste without formatting, which is not a solution at all. This is basic for any CRM. If you will not put the formatting brush, at least make it easy for us to select and change the formatting! 

DSurman
Contributor

Honestly one of the most needed things on Hubspot. The text editor for emails to customers needs to improve - so many wasted hours trying to figure out if theres a minute difference in text to ensure it's all the same font. The clear formatting doesn't help...it's so sad.

The box used on this forum is the best. Why can't we have the same for the on-board email tool?

Jnix284
Most Valuable Member | Elite Partner

being able to match formatting in the email editor would be really helpful for sales team members who are copying text from other places, for example a website page or PDF document, or a template written/created by someone else with a different font.

trevordjones
Recognized Expert | Diamond Partner

Great idea!  This would be really helpful in the editor.