Ability to filter specific contacts on deal workflows

Hey folks,

I'm loving the deal workflows, but there's one thing I've found is still quite difficult to implement. I'd like to be able to set a custom property on contacts (e.g. "contact role"), and then send out specific emails to that person based upon deal stage + contact role. 

My Post (6).jpg

Currently you can filter deals based upon a contact property (target deals with a contact that has contact role set), but that then targets all of the contacts on the deal. There's no good way to filter who receives the email. It just notes that it goes out to up to 100 contacts on the related deal.

Our current goal is to send out automated follow-up emails to only the primary contact on closed won deals. We don't want to involve every person on the deal, since it won't be pertinent to them. However, I can think of many other use cases. If we were categorizing contacts into specific buying roles (champions, economic buyers, technical buyers), we could then have target email workflows that go out to them as the deal reaches certain stages. That way you could send them notes/resources on what will happen at each point in the sales cycle and specialized content pertinent to their role.

Let me know if I can clarify. Thanks!

Parker Short

Parker@pyxisgrowth.com

HubSpot updates
4 Replies
ParkerShort Regular Contributor | Platinum Partner
Regular Contributor | Platinum Partner

Alternately, you could allow deal workflows to enroll eligible contacts into contact workflows. Then you could allow a contact workflow to take over and filter it down to the appropriate contacts. 

MichelleFink
Regular Contributor

This feature is necessary when you need to send an email to specific contacts attached to the deal. Not all contacts should receive every automated email connected to that deal and the triggers associated with that deal. For example, when a deal closes, I need to send an accounting/finance onboarding email to the finance contact attached to the deal and not the others. I also need to send an email to the subcontractor who I attach to the deal and send them their onboarding email. 

Workflow should be able to do as follows:

-Enroll deal if Deal Stage = closed/won

-Send external email 

-Who to send email to: Associated contact property: "Accounting contact" = yes

---> Select email to send (Finance Onboarding Email)

Then I'd also like to be able to:

-Send external email 

-Who to send email to: Associated contact property: "Primary contact" = yes

---> Select email to send (Client Onboarding Email)

AND

-Send external email 

-Who to send email to: Associated contact property: "Subcontractor" = yes

---> Select email to send (Subcontractor Onboarding Email)

mitchellkp
Top Contributor

@MichelleFink related to your "accounting contact" = yes example. I have a request for Contact look-up at the COMPANY level. https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Add-Hubspot-Contact-as-field-type-for-custom-property...

So at company level you could have all these role-based contact properties and then look up and link the contact record to each.

MichelleFink
Regular Contributor

@mitchellkp  Completely agree with that feature request as well and will upvote. There are many idea requests like the one you shared- all asking for the same thing. Fingers crossed it is developed. For now, I am using workarounds with y/n radio select fields on the contact level. Agree that Company level contact roles are a MUST.