HubSpot Ideas

DCSTRATEGY

Ability to download form submissions in pdf at the click of a button

Hi Hubspot,

We've been using your awesome product for almost 5 years now.

We work with multiple brands and use Hubspot forms for all of our client and customer relationships and management - for example: signing a non-disclosure agreement form on Hubspot which is found on a Hubspot landing page.

When a form is submitted, relevant people are notified and the email notification is sent to the client. The problem that we have and have always experienced, is the need to download the form submission into a pdf.

If a client of ours is not a Hubspot user, then they can't access the information and really need a pdf version of the form to safeguard. An email notification doesn't legally work and they need a copy of the form submission in case they want to print it out.

I really think allowing users to download a form submission into a pdf would be a smart idea! And I am 100% certain it will be a feature used across sooooo many businesses around the world.

Develop the Ability to download a form submission into pdf at the click of a button

Thanks for your consideration!

Cheers,

Holly

21 Replies
CherylLK
Contributor

We need this too. Working in post-secondary education, we need copies of our students' application forms to submit to our governing bodies. Right now we export and mail merge into a Word template and then save as a PDF, but it's so much manual work 😞

DCencebaugh

Agreed! Trying to find either an application in the marketplace or for Hubspot to add this as a new feature. We use the attachment section a lot and this would be ideal for us to utilize. 

ecordero
Member | Platinum Partner

Agreed!!! We need too

TPorath
Participant

Yes, PLEASE! For a modern company such as Hubspot, it's just ridiculous that this is not already an option. What is the point of having forms if we can't download the completed ones? And downloading a CSV file of a membership application, for instance, with so much info on it, is not feasible. This makes us go outside of Hubspot for applications such as this. I'd rather keep everything under one roof but you don't leave us any other choice.

TMorris9

+1

TRibeiro3

+2

CSiqueira5

+3

beabrito

+4

aragon023
HubSpot Employee

There are two integrations that could potentially help with this situation - Generating a PDF from a Form Submission. 

1. https://www.depositfix.com/pdf-generator

2. https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/marketing/data-management/form-submission-pdf-generat...

Hope this helps!

TPorath
Participant

Thanks for the suggestions, but this is something that should just be built into Hubspot, not a separate app that I have to pay for and use. I only need to download a form as a PDF a few times a year, not worth me paying $10 or $20 a month for when it's something that should be available in Hubspot anyway.

aragon023
HubSpot Employee

@TPorath thanks for your feedback. Our product team is always revising to add new functionalities. In the meantime, we do have a partner ecosystem to be able to extend HubSpot functionalities beyond our current product tools. The first option I shared with you is a free tool as far as I'm aware. The main question here is what do you need the PDF for? If you're only looking to keep a PDF copy of the data you can always export the form submission data and then generate the PDF from the CSV file too. 

FGrando

+5

MMoura

+6

TPorath
Participant
What I need is to be able to create a copy of an application form that is embedded on our website. People fill out this application and I would like to have a PDF to send to my board of directors and to file. I have tried creating a PDF from the CSV and it’s impossible to read. This form has questions and answers, etc., that aren’t conducive to an Excel spreadsheet or CSV format.

TRibeiro3

@aragon023 I need the following function: when a lead registers in my capture page form, offering an ebook, at the same time that form takes him to the next page (upsell), it also has the trigger to automatically download the ebook to the computer his.
That way he has the ebook right away and also views my product page.

HPaulMetcalf
Participant

I also need this - download form submissions to a pdf or a pdf per submission. If you can export to an Excel or CSV, the next step (or previous step?) is to export to a PDF. I don't mind splitting the PDFs (as long as a new form starts on a new page)... This is low hanging fruit. Please build this.

SJones90

We would love to have this functionality as well, please! 

ATimmons4

Would love this functionality! We use a Hubspot form as an application.  On occasion, an applicant requests a copy of their application, which is totally fair.  Unfortunately, we can't download the form as a PDF, only a CSV file, which just doesn't isn't useful.  

DBlack64

I was using Hubspot 4 years ago and have just come back - surprised I still can't output a form into a formatted PDF.. Come on Hubspot  - Get a Grip!

SDavisCT
Participant

Another vote for this - this is a much needed functionality.