HubSpot Ideas

MarkSRasmussen

Ability to disable users

When users leave the company we want to remove their access to HubSpot. If we delete a user, their names are deleted from history. e.g. "User A created a Note" will no longer contain User A's name, but rather an internal number identifier, rendering it useless.

As such, when a user leaves, we have to keep their account open, though with a reset password. This means the user is still present in lists, autocompletes, etc. when using the product, which can be confusing and prone to errors for other employees.

Just like every other CRM on the market allows, it should be possible to "Disable" a HubsSpot user, retaining all history but removing the user from all lists and disallowing logins.

HubSpot Updates
In Beta
September 15, 2021 09:11 AM

Hi all! 

Thanks for the feedback- we are currently in beta with user deactivation. This will be coming to all portals in the next week. I appreciate the patience everyone!

Best,

Flora

Being Reviewed
March 08, 2021 04:13 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm Flora Wang and I'm the Product Manager for the Permissions tool.

Thank you to everyone for commenting on this idea- we hear you that this is important functionality to have in HubSpot. We are currently looking into if the idea and understanding the problems in the space. I would love to chat with any admin who has thoughts on this experience in the next week or two. Shoot me an email at flora@hubspot.com and we'll take it from there.

Any future news regarding this feature will be on this thread and I will update here.

Best,

Flora

102 Replies
CSic
Contributor

I know that we DO have the ability to deactivate users now, but as many have mentioned on this thread, the current functionality doesn't solve all of the issues still out there. This item hasn't been marked as solved yet either, hoping there is still work being done?

From scrolling through, here is what I see is still missing:

- Ability to restrict all user permissions, mark permissions as inactive, or have a permission preset to "none" so that we can reassign a user's accounts and remove the seat before deactivation (currently the most you can restrict still allows "view - owned only" - but we don't want sales reps to view contacts/emails of contacts). This would also help on extended time off (sabbatical, maternity/paternity leave, PFL, etc)

- Automatic assignment of owned objects when deactivating a user

- Generate a list if the user is being used in a workflow, as assigned owner, etc. to know WHAT to update

- Choose whether or not to send an email when deactivating a user

- Separating deactivated users on a separate list within users/roles

What else am I missing? Please feel free to reply back

DKitson
Participant
Hi there,

I no longer have access to Hubspot and I keep receiving these emails. Are you able to unsubscribe me from them please?

Many thanks