Ability to disable users

MarkSRasmussen

When users leave the company we want to remove their access to HubSpot. If we delete a user, their names are deleted from history. e.g. "User A created a Note" will no longer contain User A's name, but rather an internal number identifier, rendering it useless.

As such, when a user leaves, we have to keep their account open, though with a reset password. This means the user is still present in lists, autocompletes, etc. when using the product, which can be confusing and prone to errors for other employees.

Just like every other CRM on the market allows, it should be possible to "Disable" a HubsSpot user, retaining all history but removing the user from all lists and disallowing logins.

64 Replies
coamyot
Participant

+1 please show us a sign that you've heard the request at least...

Katia_A
Participant

I can only add, in my company we are lucky to use only the company e-mail, and our IT-team redirect the mail to the team leader of the person that need to be deactivated, so we can change the password without many problems. We still need a lot of mails and calls to coordinate everything...

Status updated to: Being Reviewed
Flora
HubSpot Product Team

Hello everyone,

I'm Flora Wang and I'm the Product Manager for the Permissions tool.

Thank you to everyone for commenting on this idea- we hear you that this is important functionality to have in HubSpot. We are currently looking into if the idea and understanding the problems in the space. I would love to chat with any admin who has thoughts on this experience in the next week or two. Shoot me an email at flora@hubspot.com and we'll take it from there.

Any future news regarding this feature will be on this thread and I will update here.

Best,

Flora

johnfrmluminari
Participant

Absolutely 100% agree on this. I think it's a very important and basic functionality, especially since there isn't a straightforward way to view contacts, companies, and deals of users no longer in the system.