HubSpot Ideas

MarkSRasmussen

Ability to disable users

When users leave the company we want to remove their access to HubSpot. If we delete a user, their names are deleted from history. e.g. "User A created a Note" will no longer contain User A's name, but rather an internal number identifier, rendering it useless.

As such, when a user leaves, we have to keep their account open, though with a reset password. This means the user is still present in lists, autocompletes, etc. when using the product, which can be confusing and prone to errors for other employees.

Just like every other CRM on the market allows, it should be possible to "Disable" a HubsSpot user, retaining all history but removing the user from all lists and disallowing logins.

102 Replies
Enchev
Participant

Hello,

When I remove all the permissions of a user, his username is removed from HubSpot and everything created by him/her is either displayed as "created by unknown" or not displayed who created it at all.

It's very important for our company to have a record of who created what. Makes no sense to not be able to disable users (not delete them).
The other solution is to restrict their access to most of the options. (this is not a solution at all)

We can't reset their passwords without notifying them either - they are always notified so even if we reset their passwords - they can still select a new one and log in again.

We MUST keep record of who created what and we MUST be able to disable access for employees who already left the company.

Please consider this.

Thank you in advance.

regards,
Ivaylo

MCastorina

Yes, it would be great to have the option to re-assign contacts and deals to another user when deleting a user.

Unify_Tov

Having recently become a Hubspot administrator for my company, I was surprised to find (when admining) that you can only reduce access for users or delete them, there is no disable functionality. There are many situations that are not black and white, that require a basic disable function rather than full removal, the original post for this highlights one of those, additionally,  what if a user is on sabbatical but returning, on long or short term sick but returning. What if a leaver has workflows and reports against them that impact other areas. Time is needed to re-assign accounts, rework flows or allow someone to return without compromising your data while they are away.

PBones

Agree.  Users should be able to remain in the system but be 'active' or 'inactive' (e.g. if they go on maternity leave)

COReilly
Contributor

Agreed, this would be very helpful. 

Lynn_Stevenson
Participant

Absolutely - I can't believe this isn't possible already!!  This is very much a business requirement.

tim1468
Top Contributor

this is a obligatory feature !

ryana

Yeah, agree. I too was shocked to find that this was not an option.

RichardDuff

Its a real problem when a salesperson leaves or is fired. Admin needs to have the time to reallocate the leads and data but immediately lock out the user - NOT POSSIBLE - unbelievable

The other feature that is missing is the ability to log in as the user with a super admin password and set up the users account - email integration, email signature, filters, views etc

This is not possible and in fact no Admin has access to the users password and I have to ask for it so that I can set up the log in views for the new user - HOPELESS

tim1468
Top Contributor

it's why and for other reason that we choosed to mooved to another CRM.

Hubspot is really the most friendly, simply interface from all CRM i have tested, but it lacks really tools for manage différent teams and their rights and he is far more expensive than other CRM where you can have twice much features for half price...

That is dammage because if they would work on this, they would be the best CRM on the market.

Sylvestre19

Expected in our company as well. 

robfreudenreich

I'd like to emphasize the need for disabling of users.

jsworen
Participant

Having the ability just to click "disabled" to prevent access would be a great option to have, especially in an instance where a user is terminated and you need to cut access off quickly without time to transfer ownership.  Suprised this basis security measure wasn't implemented from the start.

cmadden11

I'd like to add another vote for disabling users. Very important feature for our company 

glenkelley

How can you not have this function?

msur

I see no answer to the question. I have another query.

What is the use of "isActive" attribute from the response of the get owners api.

I see this flag as true even in case the user has not accepted the invite.

gaylebrimble
Participant

We would love a disable / deactivate feature that would keep the user for historical purposes - i.e.  Can we just have user listed as:   User Name (Deactivated)  and then have them move to a new tab so it removes them from all of the active users? (Like below for example).      

HubSpot.png

HubSpot - Becky.png

We need to see the name, role and team they were with and all of their historical data associated, it is useless to us to have a generic "de-activated user" as it provide no context for follow-up especially if two or three staff leave at the same time. 

I would be happy to go into their account and change their name to Z_User name so that it atleast puts them all at the bottom of the active users list but as an admin we cannot access their accounts to update details. 

loripedford

We've run into this issue a couple times already. We need a higher level of Employer level controls.

Thea
Participant

We just had a salesperson resign, and I was asked to disable his access/change his password immediately. Was appalled to find out that I can't do both. Worse, that this thread has been going on since 2017 and nothing has been done.

Come on, it's not like we're asking for some new shiny fancy functionality altogether. This is a basic security management thing  Smiley Mad

chrispower
Contributor

We've just encountered a requirement to disable a user for the first time, and I was stunned to find that it's not possible.

Yet another super simple, absolutely necessary, missing feature in Hubspot.