HubSpot Ideas

Ellesyanna

Ability to delete properties when they are still being used in views

Currently I'm running into the issue that i cannot delete an old property, when they are still being used in a view. As a superadmin, I'd like to have the possibility to overrule this and delete this anyway.

Because I'm not able to edit the view that is managed by another user (of which I also cannot see which user) and delete this property from their view.

Currently this leads to clutter in our database.

11 Replies
jgillan

Yes it's impossible to delete / remove custom company, customer, deal list views even as a super admin to be able to remove properties that are using them. Very frustrating.

AMB
Participant

Yes, I am having a similar problem. The values in the drop-down of our property need to be edited monthly. I used to be able to go in and delete them with no issues, but suddenly I cannot. It needs to go back to the way it was for the last 5 years. If I have to delete that value from contacts, then I lose all of that historical data. 

JdeLope3

Here with the same problem, and supporting the idea of being able to delete a property and make it disappear from the views if you are a superadmin.

AMuresan

Agree with above, there are some historical properties that are used in over 100 views and deleting those views is not an option, as people might still be using them, but the older property is no longer required and to go and edit every single one of those views is simply unrealistic. As a superadmin you should be able to just acknowledge that the property is being used in views and click archive and remove from all views and be done with it.  Trying to clean-up the amount of properties, but the functionality makes everything too manual and could really do with this upgrade

HThomas5

Yes! I have super admin access but can't remove a property that is in a view...from folks who don't even work at our organization any more. It's cluttering up our database for sure. 

CDunham-Wilkie
Contributor

Yes, this is very frustrating for us as well! 

BMorrow21

We are running into this problem as well. To make matters worse, it's nearly impossible to determine who owns the view. It seems like super admins should have the ability to remove the property from any views it's used in. We have completed unused properties with no values that somone put into a view because it sounded similar to the property they were looking for, and now we can't remove them.

MGunnarsdotti

We are experiencing the same issue

BeneMendez
Participant

Same problem, snowball problem with data quality...

enorberg
Contributor

Yeah, don't think someone having saved a view should prevent a super admin from administrating properties.

RRaffard

very frustrating, this is a must have