HubSpot Ideas

str8sports

Ability to customize user name that appears in chat widget

It would be nice to have to the ability to change the profile name for messanger name without having to change the whole profile name under hubspot.  I do not really want my own personal name on my website showing.......

10 Replies
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hey @str8sports thanks for posting!

Your ideas are important to HubSpot as well as to other customers whose needs might fit this feature request. Our Product Managers regularly review top voted ideas and will put every effort into implementing ideas that will benefit the majority of HubSpot's user base and fit in with our product roadmap.

In order to get as much information / context to our product team as possible, but also to help others understand what they are voting for could you provide some further detail on the above?  Try to position the idea in the form of user stories and be sure to include your rationale and an idea of customer value.

I therefore have a few follow up questions:

- Context Could you provide some further context behind why you do not what to share your personal name. Why do you need it – what do you need to accomplish? What value do you derive from the feature?

- Role: What is your role? Are you using the Messages tool as a sales representative, manager or other?
- Examples: Are there any other software platforms where you’ve seen the feature or something like it?

The more detail the better - thank you in advance!

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

peaksclothing
Participant

I just finished suggesting the same thing to support. I vote this as a big improvement with little time and effort with coding. 

The reason is simple. Small business owners do you not want to show that they are small when the goal is to grow. I take in a call or send an email out to prospect and then they come on website and see my name it screams small shop.

If the system allowed to hide the name or allowed you to use an alias name it would be perfect. I imagine that if you asked small business owners with eCommerce platforms you will find they agree with me.

The other is that my picture. We would like to use a different graphic and you cannot do that.

Example is live chat:  I had a ? graphic for the messenger and that allowed us to really get questions. If the option was to hide the name or use an alias I am certain you will find that feature gets utilized a lot. I do not think it would require much code to work... Just have a simple check box to hide the name at the top or alias that is tied to the user without having to change the user profile or set up a new different account.

Marsha
HubSpot Employee

I am also leaving a vote and comment here! The usage of only the first name is not appropiate in most German business settings and this should be adjusted in the context of internationalization. The user should be able to set the first and last name based on preference here and maybe even an alias.

mbianco

We don't want our support team's name exposed to customers. We just want a general "Support" name used.

peaksclothing
Participant

I really hope this works out because this is a good feature to have but worthless if you have to use the name. 

phillipsm17

One of our clients uses messages, and when I'm logged into HubSpot and go to their site MY profile photo shows up as the person running the chat (I don't even have a sales pro account). Then, if I look in an incognito window there's NO image.

Apparently the Messages tool doesn't connect to an agent until a message is sent, so what it does by default is just cycle through the users on the account. So it just cycles through all of us at the agency even though the only person with the sales pro account is the client and there's no way to tag THAT person as the one and only option to display. NOT good.

hroberts
HubSpot Product Team

I'm very pleased to announce this is now possible! When editing your chat targeted message, under Message, we have changed "Send from" to "Chat heading" and added an additional drop down option for "Custom name and avatar".

str8sports
Participant

@hroberts  great news..  Thanks for the udpate.