HubSpot Ideas

bcook

Ability to create product groups/bundles/kits

It would be great if there was a way to create a Product Group that consists of multiple other products. So if you have a group of products that typically is sold together but could also be separate, the group would add in all of products in at once. It just speeds up the process of adding products to a deal since you don't have to add them all in one at a time and ensure that a product isn't missed.

HubSpot-Updates
Status aktualisiert zu: Idea Submitted
February 16, 2024 01:30 PM

Hi Community,

I just wanted to drop an update here to let everyone know where we currently stand with Bundles.  First, I want to thank the community for the obvious passion and excitement around this project.  It's something that has been on my radar and my wishlist since I started as the PM on Products, and I want to acknowledge that everyone has been so patient in waiting alongside me and the team for us to put something together here.

I also want to acknowledge that the Products & Line Items team covers a very large surface area, and prioritizing critical asks from our community members is both exciting and challenging.  With that in mind, I have some team updates to share with you today that we hope will help us better meet the needs of our customers.

@JKwock is going to take over my role as PM for Line Items & Products.  He'll be picking up our bundles research as well as our in-flight product organization and permissioning work, and defining the future of billing frequencies available here on Products & Line Items.

I will continue my work on Taxes on Line Items, helping to get this equally critical piece of functionality over the finish line for our customers, paving the way for both Joe and Ethan to bring us home on automated taxes and tax > accounting system sync in the future.

For those of you that wish to continue to express interest in bundles and talking about bundles, please reach out to jkwock@hubspot.com so he can continue to build the beta list.  For those of you that are currently on my beta list, expect an email from me announcing these changes and be assured that every person who has reached out has been tagged in a sheet and will not be lost in this transition.

Thank you all,
Victoria Gumaer

December 08, 2023 12:17 PM

Hi community,

I know, I'm over due for an update here.  This is still in planning and I can't give a concrete ETA on delivery/beta yet.  My team is still knees deep in figuring out taxes (on line items, for account syncing, and for automatic tax calculation), and it's taking us a while to fully vet/build that solution.  For now, please keep sending me emails about your interest at vgumaer@hubspot.com.  I don't always have time to respond to all of them, but I do tag them all for future follow up when we're ready for testers.

Thank you!

August 01, 2023 05:49 AM

Hi Community,

Just a quick update here.  We are still planning to move forward with this project but needed to finish the swing on a few other items first.   Anyone that wants to know when beta / alpha testing is ready can email me at vgumaer@hubspot.com with the subject Bundles.  About a week before we get ready to launch in those phases I'll send you an email and ask for your account ID and give you the documentation to get started. 

Status aktualisiert zu: In Planning
April 27, 2023 01:41 PM

April 27, 2023 01:40 PM

Hi folx, I'm happy to share that this idea is currently in design iteration and we will be moving forward with a bundling solution in the next couple of quarters.

Status aktualisiert zu: Being Reviewed
February 15, 2023 07:24 AM

Hi folks, my name is Victoria Gumaer and I've taken over for Ethan as the PM of HubSpot's Product Library.  This feature is now in active discovery and I am looking to connect with a few members of this community to learn more about the specific needs and types of bundles you'd like to create.  If you can spare a few minutes in the next few weeks to chat about bundles please book me here.  If you don't have time to chat right now but would be interested in participating in usability studies as we get further along in this project please drop me a line at vgumaer@hubspot.com

August 30, 2022 11:05 AM

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager for the Product Library. Apologies for the missed quarter of updates. I want to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter (Q3, 2022). We absolutely want to expand the flexibility of what you can store in the Product Library but we're working on several other features this quarter and we needed to make some hard decisions about what to prioritize. 

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 100 kudos will get this treatment. Previously, I had been trying to do it for ideas greater than 25 upvotes, but unfortunately the volume is too high to be practical.

April 06, 2022 09:00 AM

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the product manager for the Products and Line Items team. I just wanted to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter, but it is something we'd like to build. While it's not something we're working on this quarter, it's quite possible we will work on this this year. We're working on several other features (e.g. allowing you to add Line Items to Deals via Workflows, expanding the number of supported decimals in Product/Line Item properties) this quarter and we needed to make some hard decisions about what to prioritize.

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get this treatment. 

January 14, 2022 11:40 AM

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm the product manager for the Products and Line Items team. I just wanted to let you know that my previous update still stands. This feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter, but it is something we'd like to build. We're working on several other features (e.g. allowing you to add Line Items to Deals via Workflows, expanding the number of supported decimals in Product/Line Item properties) this quarter and we needed to make some hard decisions about what to prioritize.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 25 kudos will get this treatment. 

December 03, 2020 08:51 AM

Hey folks - I cannot provide a definite timeline, but this is something that is top of mind for the team. I'll keep you updated as we get closer.

82 Kommentare
LizO
Stratege/Strategin | Elite Partner

We need this too.  a way to organize parts into categories with subfolders or multiple catalogs

pirassic
Mitglied

Absolutely need this as well. 

Only way to do this is via HubDB?

agi_sob
Teilnehmer/-in

Definitely a must for us as well. We would love to group our products for as recurring, services etc...

jims
Teilnehmer/-in

Product catalogs – Enable prerequisites and dependencies between products.  This would enable sales people to select one product and automatically prompt to select a required option or a required related product. 

anbgetpeerless
Mitglied

Would love this feature, as well. 

NetFriendsInc
Mitglied

This feature would be especially useful to us when generating reports, because it would allow us to lump products that qualify for a specific group (i.e. Laptop Computers or Sub-Contractors) together and compare their performance. 

MissTipsi
Stratege/Strategin

Trialling the Professional Growth suite and seems this is still not available, not sure if is in Enterprise? In any case, badly needed.

TribePayments
Mitglied

We would like to be able to add bundled products to a deal rather than adding individual products at static prices each time. Furthermore, I would like the system to allow us to create synergies between products such that it would prompt the sales person to upsell or offer additional product/ service in relation to their current discussion, thus maximising their contract value. 

benesch_e
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

being able to suggest complimentary product would be a helpful reminder to my sales people to sell more product.

TribePayments
Mitglied

Hi, i completely agree. Did set this out lower in my request. Sorry maybe I should have made two requets on the forum. @hubspot  please advise if this is a more sensible approach

tonyaplazer
Mitglied

This will be very helpfull as every product we sell is a bundle, packaged with accessories/components.  www.aplazer.com

ethankopit
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hey folks - I cannot provide a definite timeline, but this is something that is top of mind for the team. I'll keep you updated as we get closer.

JamieJ98
Teilnehmer/-in

Hello,

It would be great if we could create a group or package of products which takes multiple existing products and allows us to insert multiple with a click.

For example we have "Large Unit", "Tablet" & "Maintenance Contract"

We would like to group this into a "Standard Package" that we can add as a product line where the actual products then sit under it.

IsabellaV
Teilnehmer/-in

Yes! The ability to group products while also having the same products in the master catalog is essential. For example, a new client usually purchases multiple products to get started. Some of the same products may also be add-ons for existing clients. Ideally, Products could be included in a folder or multiple folders AND remain in the master list for individual selection. 

Either that or the ability to create templated Deals that could be set up to include groups of products usually packaged together, e.g., New Client, Feature A add-on, etc.

Thanks!

MissTipsi
Stratege/Strategin

@ethankopit 

Glad to hear this is in the works, as soon as there is a beta - or even Alpha - i'd like to know. 

It is key that Product Bundles or Packs respect the reporting of the individual constituents of that bundle. For example through distributors we sell hardware but only bundled with licenses with licenses. I need to make sure my MRR/ARR properties only includes the relevant license revenue, otherwise I will need to mess around and create additional custom properties wnd workflows to get my reporting right.

I'd point out that these additional custom properties will need to be "calculated" fields. We have the Pro plan which incredibly has only 5 calculated fields allowed, and i've just realised that the workaround is going to take me above those 5 fields. I really don't think is justified to have to pay an Enterprise plan to have product bundles, so you can imagine how I feel about having to pay an Enterprise plan to implement a workaround to product bundles!

SRogowska
Mitglied

Is there any plan to launch it this year? 

If not, is there any alternative that anyone can suggest for apps that integrate with Hubspot? 

Thanks

beckyhopkins
Teilnehmer/-in

Any updates as to when this could become available as this is becoming a major issue for us.

JamieJ98
Teilnehmer/-in

@ethankopit any news?

bhascher
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

This would be a great option to have. We sell propositions that can be a mix of products.  In order to report on combined propositions made out of individual products would be awesome. It would also clean up products and ease the use if line items.

AdrianoGritti
Teilnehmer/-in

This feature is essential for us.

We sell packages that contain products and services (each service and product is a "product" in the product list on Hubspot).