HubSpot Ideas

kbialy

Ability to create lists and workflows from Document views

Our sales team has switched over to using the Sales Pro Document tool to send document links to their clients via email. This is a really great tool however, outside of the document view window it's not possible to extract names and create a list and workflow of those who have viewed your documents. This prevents us from adding contacts to lists, campaigns and the ability to communicate with these clients based on their specific interactions.

Thank you!

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
July 17, 2023 07:07 AM

Hey folks-

I'm happy to announce that our event-based workflow triggers has just been released! As part of this, you can now trigger off of document views and shares for contact-based workflows. Let us know if you have any further feedback or questions!

April 26, 2023 12:36 PM

Hi all,

I'm a lead on the on the Workflows team and I wanted to personally reach out and share an update here. We understand that enrolling on sales document views/shares has been a feature many customers have been eagerly awaiting for quite some time, and I'm happy to say this is something we are actively working on right now and hope to have available in the near future. 

I want to express our gratitude for your patience and continued support. Know that your feedback and persistence have not gone unnoticed, and we will keep you posted with any further updates!

Best,

Jesse

Being Reviewed
April 27, 2020 03:05 PM

Hi Community,

I've updated this issue to 'Being Reviewed', as we are currently reviewing the technical work required to bring this type of contact segmentation in lists and workflows. I will update here once we have learned more or have plans in place.

Best,

Glen

107 Replies
jasonsongtrust
Participant

Surprised this doesn't exist. Why else would we gather email information when sharing documents?

(You are unable to do this with URL tracking because the links change.)

sjudson
HubSpot Product Team

mpike
Contributor

The Documents aspect of Sales Pro is a very cool tool. The ability to see where they are on a page and how long and if they even opened would also be useful on the marketing side. It doesn't look like there is currently a way to track documents sent on the marketing side like there is on sales pro.

Is there anything in place for this or does anyone have any ideas?

sydlawrence

THIS SO MUCH THIS

blinkertoon
Contributor

Couldn't agree more! Got really excited (OK, maybe I'm  marketing nerd..) to find the Sales Documents tool, so we uploaded a couple of docs, tested it out and whilst a shame it doesn't offer the flipbook view option, the insights were great. So off we went to swap out the links in our marketing emails currently pointing to the flipbook equivalent on our website to the new docs in HubSpot.. only to find they weren't in the file manager Smiley Sad

Clearly you can add docs in file manager on the marketing side, but (i) there are no insights and (ii) you don't want the same doc in two places - not least in case one gets updated and the other doesn't, but also as you'd have separate stats for the same doc in two different places.

Seems the same frustration exists from the other perspective here..

Come on guys - please fix it for us..! 😉

Thanks.

Scott_Dubin

this is also a major issue for me - it adds a huge inconvenience. 

this should be an easy problem to fit as it could be accomplished by simply adding a searchable field for list building and workflows.

cfar
Participant

Yes! The people who are downloading/engaging with our content are the ones we want to market to! Short-sighted for us not to be able to!

Siddall
Top Contributor

Absolutely.  Also, having the two document repositories is very challenging for document version control.

An industry white paper will be used in marketing blogs, landing pages, and marketing emails...and it will definitely be used in sales emails and sequences as well.

johnmgiunta

This is an issue for me as well.  As sales teams send out more tailored content, it is essential to be able to track the results of the content.

henrietta

I also agree that this is an issue! I want to be able to assign a source to the document view as currently I have to attribute leads manually in Salesforce (it auto-adds leads)

alonymous

I NEED THIS SO BAD.

Should be the most simple thing to allow people to create a list based on who has viewed a document.  Even an export of who has viewed a document that we could re-import would be fine.  Anyone know a workaround?

auto_mate
Contributor

Oh lord this...

It's stopping me letting sales users send docs via email 😞

Hollymma

My issue is similar in that I asked how I can see the names of the people we sent a specific document. I was directed here to log in the request.

I don't know how we can update the customers when a new document is available if we only see the count of how many times it was sent but can't see who it went to.

jwlevitt

This would be awesome!

MathieuParkour3
Member | Platinum Partner

We really need this. Please! 

kyle2
Participant

There should be some way to identify the document viewers as an "activity type" or "contact property" when filtering contacts, creating lists, setting up automation, etc.

DwiP
HubSpot Employee

It would be great if we could create an active list where it would pull contacts who have ever viewed a particular Sales Document.

At the moment, we can only view the contacts who have ever viewed the Sales Document, but we are not able to capture those contacts in the list (there aren't any contact properties to identify these contacts as well) - so users would be able to perform a follow up actions to those contacts based on list membership.

Submitting on behalf - Reuben

ybenghorbal

Hello, I totaly agree with your request. 

I wanted to export easily the list of contact with all propreties. 

Hope to find a solution asap. 

Regards

Shaunyim
HubSpot Employee

Would be great if we could set up a trigger / workflow when a specific document is upload to create a task or when a specific document is submitted that it would trigger a movement in the deal pipeline as well. 

- Posted on behalf of HubSpot user. 

MartadR
Participant

This is very important for us. We need to reassign contacts depending on the engagement perceived from different leads. There is no way to create reports or lists based on document views, important stopper for us!