HubSpot Ideas

kbialy

Ability to create lists and workflows from Document views

Our sales team has switched over to using the Sales Pro Document tool to send document links to their clients via email. This is a really great tool however, outside of the document view window it's not possible to extract names and create a list and workflow of those who have viewed your documents. This prevents us from adding contacts to lists, campaigns and the ability to communicate with these clients based on their specific interactions.

Thank you!

107 Comentarios
andinarvaez
Miembro

Just had a long conversation with Hubspot support on this. Why is "sales documents" the only sales activity that doesn't:

• Appear on a contact record's feed (meetings, calls and other sales activities do)
  • Show up as a property in general... so that I can assign points to people who view documents)
  • And it doesn't show up in the list of fields/properties I can use to bulid workflows (maybe I wan to automate something if someone abandons my document after 2 seconds, to reengage)

We were looking into a workaround (grabbing a file's URL to assign points, run workflows, etc. based on the "page view") but file URLs are ALSO not tracked... which probably merits another thread and product feature request. 

StephenFT
Miembro

Please add this feature! Otherwise, what is the incentive for us to store documents on Hubspot?

fabricemous
Miembro

We are looking at the document tool in HubSpot to segment our contacts based on viewing time or even which specific slide they watch. Picture that your contact is watching the pricing slide over and over again. I would love to know that. 

In short: I think we should more options in the gathered analytics around the documents we share via HubSpot. 

Regards, 

Fabrice

silvacarl
Miembro

I would include enroll in sequence as well, based on a certain document view.

Carl

simon_toussaint
Miembro | Partner nivel Diamond

Hello,

Once the document is sent, there's no way to create reports, list, or filtering contact using documents activity, therefore drastically reducing the usefulness of the document tool 😞

It would be great if document activities would be accessible for reporting / list creation, like meeting activities/notes/etc.

Thx

Kasiek
Colaborador

Saw that for a moment it was in planning, what happend? It will be quite helpfull since we moved totally to online this times 😞 

Estado actualizado a: Being Reviewed
glencornell
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi Community,

I've updated this issue to 'Being Reviewed', as we are currently reviewing the technical work required to bring this type of contact segmentation in lists and workflows. I will update here once we have learned more or have plans in place.

Best,

Glen

rwong
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting this on behalf of a customer. Would be extremely useful to have!

finn
Colaborador líder

+1

finn
Colaborador líder

@glencornell Any news?

OliviaB
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting for my cust

jrsansom
Participante

Upvoted.

It would be super useful to be able to extract to a "list" of contacts that have viewed a given document (for a given duration) in order to nuture/market to thoses contacts further.

Jolansche
Miembro

Please add this feature - it would make it much easier to identify higher quality leads if we are able to quickly create lists or reports of individuals or accounts who have engaged with multiple materials using this feature. Currently it is very difficult to track the level of engagement for white papers, product sheets, and other PDF-based collateral.

shayam
Participante

It seems like a big hole in the product offering if we can't track the contacts that are interacting with our documents/opening sequence emails via lists or reporting. Would love to have this available soon

HHunt
Miembro

Major upvote for this. Anyone find a workaround yet? Maybe utilizing Zapier integration?

HHunt
Miembro

Related idea for people following this thread to go upvote please: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Ability-to-create-lists-and-workflows-from-Document-v...

StephenFT
Miembro

@glencornell do you have an update on this? It's been in the "Being Reviewed" stage for nearly 9 months now.

KMarwah
Miembro

Hi Guys,

I would like to be part of a public beta, as this feature would be really great for us.

Looking forward to hearing more on this. Thanks!

Regards
K**bleep**ij Marwah

Florensics
Miembro

Agreed, very useful idea +1

AKhurana
Miembro

Agreed, this will add value to the existing system. Thanks!!