HubSpot Ideas

JasonC

Ability to create contact lists and workflows based off Ticket Properties

I would like the ability to create Contact lists and Contact workflows based off Ticket properties.

Example Contact List:  Ticket status has Ever been equal to [...]

Example Workflow: Enrolment Criteria: Ticket status is any of [...] Creat Task use Company or Contact Token in Subject and notes.

13 Replies
Herschel
Top Contributor

We have also run up against this issue and I totally agree. Just a heads up I found another idea posting on this issue also already floating around: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Allow-creation-of-an-email-list-based-on-ticket-prope...

JasonC
Contributor

@Herschel Thanks for letting me know. I put the link there so maybe they will merge the tickets.

Brusilov

Hi all, 
yes for me it's an incredibly inexplicable limitation that should be fixed;

I can create list of contacts based on tasks or meeting conditions, for instance, and solve most of the data quality issues very easily;

since I cannot do this with tickets, I cannot see, for instance, if some contacts has a ticket in  a stage that is incorrect (of course, unless you scroll all the tickets in a certain stage and open the associated contact.... crazy) so data quality is almost impossible;

JasonC
Contributor

seems like they added this feature this past week!

AlexandreSch
Participant

@JasonC have they? 

It is such an important feature for us, service Hub users. 

JasonC
Contributor

@AlexandreSch it's down at the bottom

download (9).png

Herschel
Top Contributor

@JasonC It looks like that is a ticket based workflow, whereas the ask here is to be able to use associated ticket propeties in contact based workflows.

JasonC
Contributor

@Herschel  They are working on that but for now if you need to make a list do this.

1. Make New contact properties with multiple select and add your ticket stages as choices.
  2. Then use the Ticket Workflow: Ticket enrollment trigger  [Ticket status is any of] [Your Custom Status]
  3. Choose an action [Set property] [Contact] [New Contact Properties You Just Created]
  4. Then create a new active list with contacts that have [New Contact Properties You Just Created]

Then you can make any new workflows for contacts that are members of any of those lists or have those contact properties

Herschel
Top Contributor

@JasonC got it, thank you for clarify the workaround.

JasonC
Contributor

@Herschel Any time. It's a bit more work than what it should be, but maybe they are doing it this way so that you have to have a Service Hub subscription and not just a Sales or Marketing subscription.  Hopefully, they will make this available to Contact and Company Worklflows.

AlexandreSch
Participant

@JasonC @Herschel  thank you for the feedback, it is a workaround that I am using at the moment. 

Unfortunately, when you have a contact that has multiple tickets with various different "contact" properties, it becomes an issue, as the system doesn't know where its fits.

A scenario that I really want to use the future ticket smart listing option, is into a smart rule for e-mail and webpage. 

Let's cross fingers that this feature comes eventually. 

JasonC
Contributor

@AlexandreSch have you tried to add another layer for the filter triggers  such as:

Ticket Status Is any of ____ and Ticket Status updated in last ____ Days

Or 

Ticket Status has ever been any of ____ and has never been any of ____ and category is any of _____ and Resolution has ever been any of ___ and Contact HubSpot Score is greater than _____ and Contact Owner is equal to ______

You can add the and statement and then switch to a Contact, Activity, Company, or Deal  Properties

percy
Participant

+1

We want to create Tickets for specific cases based on Contact Properties!