HubSpot Ideas

ElectroScan

Ability to create an internal seed list to include on marketing sends without creating contacts

We would like to be able to create an internal list (of employees, not marketable contacts) that can be CC'd on each marketing email. We do not want these to be tracked nor do we want these associated with contacts as they are employees. 

27 Replies
tkling

I agree with ElectroScan, having a seed list option would be great. Not sure if this already exists and is hidden somewhere? I used to use Marketo and there was an option in it to do this. I currently just have a list set up of all of our employees who receive the emails when I send to their specific customers, but recently the system has been unsubscribing them and the message for it is "there isn't a GDPR-compliant legal reason for sending emails" - I did mark the list when I uploaded it as "performance of a contract" per recommendations I received. 

kpeterson-pesi

Having a system seed list would be ideal as we used to have this with our old ESP and use it to notify our customer service team primarily of all the email promotions going out to our contacts so they can easily reference it should a customer call in referring to an email offer. We currently use an email group email to notify our internal teams to accomodate something similar to the Seed List functionality but are now running into issues with someone unsubscribing that email address since it is set up as a normal email contact and every so often, randomly noticing when we are not receiving the Seed Emails.

sbk_100
Participant

Having the ability to create a Seed list is quite crucial for any organization that does mass-marketing via the email channel, I can't quite grasp how something so basic and functional isn't yet part of the features set. @hubspot Please enable this...

rtruncale
Top Contributor

It's crazy HubSpot does not offer this seed list service to include a specific list in an email send, but for those to not be included in the email metrics. Sending a test email takes away some features you would only see on the actual email send. HubSpot even has a blog post about the importance of a seed list, but does not offer this basic and nice feature. 

LFielding

+1 for this idea, very basic functionality. 

PMarino6

We need to be able to inform our account managers of what emails are being sent to their clients, so they are assured marketing is executing and so they also have visibility on what marketing is doing without having to pay for marketing contact seats. +1 for this idea!

ACarlson420

Still need this! @hubspot any updates regarding this?

XAI-Shannon
Participant | Partner

Please add this simple yet extremely critical functionality! We just had a client of ours lose their s#&t because they didn't receive the seed mailing and it was due to the way filters, exclusions lists, etc. work. A simple seed list would've avoided this issue! 

NWu

Agree with OP. This is pretty typical functionality I've seen on most ESPs and would very much like to have it in HS.

amsteiner
Participant

+1 -- we should have an easy way to share email comms with internal staffers without muddying email metrics nor losing functionality (as with sending tests). I'll research a hack/workaround for this, but ideally it would be native to the email features. Thank you!

LFielding

Two years and no resolution, does HubSpot even monitor these forums?

SSpangler8

Absolutely need this functionality! Would love the ability to seed a specific list without having it include activity in email metrics. @hubspot is this idea being considered? 

MGreen321

Upvoting - managed services team members are missing key brand communication.

SSpangler8

We absolutely need this as an option!! It messes with our metrics to include seed lists and have their stats counted, especially with emails having smaller audiences. This is a pretty standard feature for marketing email platforms, we would definitely use this feature heavily! Would also love to not have these seed lists counted as part of our 'marketing contacts'.

HMurrin

Agreed!  We shouldn't have to upload a list of internal contacts (generally contact owners) and have them marked as marketing contacts just to be copied on an outbound email.

AKenney1

Agreed, we need this feature!

Assoc-Sacto
Participant

I was very surprised to see that Hubspot does not have this feature. ESPs I was using 15 years ago had this. Seed lists/test lists should be available and be excluded from reporting. 

CKim6

+1 vote for this.

Is there a specific place to vote for this request?

rtruncale
Top Contributor

Seed list should allow emails to be sent to these individuals when publishing an email, but would not count towards any email engagement metrics. 

AYYang

Joining the party late... has there been any progress on this the Dec 2020 post?

Agree this is a needed function, especially for internal marketing (showing our work)