HubSpot Ideas

WarrenE

Ability to configure double-opt in email settings in multiple languages

We have a site in different languages. The HubSpot COS double opt-in configuration (found in COS -> Content -> Content Settings -> Email -> Double Opt-in) is only supported in one language.

Would be great if this was available in multiple languages so we don't have to recreate the functionality for each language in workflows.

HubSpot-Updates
Status aktualisiert zu: In Planning
May 28, 2020 07:14 AM

Hi all!

Product manager for the Subscriptions team here, this is an excellent idea and one I agree should be tackled. We won't be able to make any movement on this in the immediate future, though I am keeping it on my radar and will be providing updates as we get closer to actioning this.

90 Kommentare
SimonH_Demodia
Teilnehmer/-in | Elite Partner

Working in Europe with countries in various countries, this is an essential capability! It would be great to get an update on whether this is yet planned.

KatarinaCretnik
Teilnehmer/-in | Platinum Partner

+1
Hi, I agree with my colleagues who are asking for this feature for 3 years now. This is super important for companies who have multilanguage websites.

svengeorgiev
Mitglied

What the?! When we purchased HS scaling was an issue and we were told its all good! This would be a deal breaker. Its in Beta I heard today but I dont know how long to deployment.

Charlielu
Mitglied

Hey, it's 2020 and a multilingual DOI Mail should be kinda state of the art by now, shouldn't it?

A quick info about the timeline would be very useful. 

Also, it would be helpful to know: how are customers currently working around that problem?

I am thankful for any kind of help.

Thank you!

Charline

Status aktualisiert zu: In Planning
TylerScionti
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi all!

Product manager for the Subscriptions team here, this is an excellent idea and one I agree should be tackled. We won't be able to make any movement on this in the immediate future, though I am keeping it on my radar and will be providing updates as we get closer to actioning this.

Charlielu
Mitglied

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

karinasonaglio
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Great news. Finally!

LenSad
Teilnehmer/-in

Until this is done, does anyone have a suitable workaround other than creating a DOI email + confirmation page where I have to place text in different languages version next to each other?

skalka
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Hey @LenSad, I can tell you how we are doing, hopefully this solution works for you as well.

1. Create a new boolean property called "Double Opt-In confirmation" and another boolean called "Receive Marketing Emails"

2. Add the "Receive Marketing Emails" to your forms

3. Create one email per language with a link to a page (one per language) in your website where you basically confirm the double opt-in

4. Create a workflow to send these emails every time someone checks "Receive Marketing Emails" and the "Double Opt-In Confirmation" is unknown

5. Create a workflow to set "Double Opt-In Confirmation" to TRUE when people click on that link on that email

6. Done!

With this basically you can have a double opt-in in all the language you want and keep track of the consent.

David_Stocker
Mitglied

Just wanted to Setup Double-Opt-In Mailing in German and also a Second One in English Language. The Hubspot Support told me that currently it's not possible to create more DOIs in different languages. There is just one DOI possible.

This could be an idea for improvement for the future.

sk0si
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Yes, that's really important. It's the first moment to build or destroy trust. 

Please add a delay in sending DOI, so that we can work with smart lists. That's obviously a quick-win!

@skalka thank you for your approach! I'm glad having a workaround.

sk0si
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

And now we have another enterprise client that really need it, like other international organisations.

ChristianRieck
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Gold Partner

Hey @TylerScionti  do you already have an update on this feature? We have an incresing number of Pro Suite and higher customers which really sell international. Which ist great as HubSpot is now also an option for bigger international companies. Although we need to tackle some basic functionalities here.   

Thank you and all the best,

Christian

folked
Stratege/Strategin

I am not a big friend of workarounds, so I would like to avoid creating custom DOI properties, workflows etc. For me a good (and perhaps easy?!) solution would be to add a delay in sending DOI, so we can work with smart content based on list membership. For sure a well thought-out solution (e.g. within the settings area) is welcome, too! By the way, does anyone know how this solutions works which I came across in my test account (see screenshot)?DOI_settings.png

Marlene
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende | Platinum Partner

I need this functinality too. It is really important.

sk0si
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

The workaround (proposed from@skalka) does not work properly. We have clients complaining that we send reminders altough they've klicked "Confirm email". Seems like as if not all CTA or link-clicks are tracked 100% correct so we send wrong reminders. 

Hubspot please solve multilanguage Double-Opt-In, we have increasing numbers of clients that really needs that.

CarinaSwatio
Mitglied

We have the double opt-in feature enabled but are facing some difficulties since there is no way to use multiple language versions for it. Currently, we are only using a German version which is quite confusing for contacts who signed up on an English landing page and don't understand German.

Does anyone know some kind of workaround for this? I'm pretty sure we're not the only ones facing this problem. Thanks!

karstenkoehler
Berühmtheit | Partner

Hi @CarinaSwatio,

Welcome to the community! Did you know there's a German-speaking community? cc @JessicaH I'll take the liberty of replying in German, hope you don't mind.

Aktuell ist es nicht möglich, mit den Standard-Funktionen mehrsprachige Double-Opt-in-E-Mails zu verschicken. Es gibt hier natürlich Workarounds, die mit gewissen Risiken verbunden sind und sich unterschiedlich gut eignen – je nachdem, wie euer Setup bisher genau aussieht.

Der mit Abstand einfachste Weg und der, der euch am wenigsten Arbeit bereitet (und bereiten wird), ist eine E-Mail, die beide Sprachversionen zugleich enthält. Empfohlen ist generell, den Text der E-Mail möglichst kurz zu halten. Unter dem englischen Text würdet ihr einfach den deutschen Text einfügen (oder anders herum).

Für eine dynamische zweisprachige Lösung könnt ihr die nativen Funktionen nicht so nutzen, wie von HubSpot vorgesehen. Hier gibt es verschiedene Ansätze, die hier den Rahmen etwas sprengen würden (24-seitige Entscheidungshilfe).

Die grundsätzliche Funktionsweise dieser Workarounds ist wie folgt:

In den Double-Opt-in-Einstellungen wird der Versand auf nur eine Seite beschränkt, damit die systemeigene E-Mail effektiv nie versendet wird. Damit sind bestimmte Optionen in der HubSpot-Bedienoberfläche sichtbar (die es bei deaktiviertem DOI nicht wären). Leere Werte im Feld Bestätigungsstatus der Marketing E-Mail werden jetzt als bestätigt interpretiert.

Die E-Mail-Varianten erstellt man im nächsten Schritt selbst. Über Links lässt sich im E-Mail-Editor der Bestätigungslink (bzw. HubL-Token {{subscription_confirmation_url}} hinzufügen). Dieser Link wird individuell für Empfänger*innen erstellt, der Klick darauf entspricht der DOI-Bestätigung.

Im Idealfall versendet man diese E-Mail als transaktionale E-Mail (kostenpflichtiges Add-on), ansonsten können sich Kontakte von dieser E-Mail auch abmelden.

Die E-Mails sollten immer über Workflows, nie als Massenversand, verschickt werden. Smart Content kann man hier nicht nutzen.

Wie genau das Setup (also auch die Workflows) aussehen, hängt von vielen Faktoren ab, z.B. auch davon, welche Datenschutz-relevanten Eigenschaften in Formularen erfasst werden. Wie du siehst: relativ komplexe Angelegenheit. Wenn zwei Sprachen in einer E-Mail eine Option sind, dann ist das deutlich einfacher.

(Es gibt natürlich noch zahlreiche weitere Workarounds, z.B. mit Listenmitgliedschaften und eigenen benutzerdefinierten Eigenschaften. Damit verabschiedet man sich aber komplett von der HubSpot-Logik und auch von einem potenziellen Umzug zurück in die HubSpot-Logik, wenn die DOI-Funktionen weiter ausgebaut sind.)

Viele Grüße!

Kidomu
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hallo @CarinaSwatio ,

Willkommen in der Community 🙂.

@karstenkoehler hat bereits die richtige Information gegeben. Da sich unsere Produktteams am Feedback unserer Nutzer im Ideenforum orientieren, darf ich dir noch vorschlagen, den Post Ability to configure double-opt in email settings in multiple languages durch ein Upvote zu unterstützen, damit das Produktteam den Bedarf für diese Funktion sieht?

Viele Grüße,

Kirsten

Kidomu
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hello @David_Stocker ,

My name is Kirsten, I work in HubSpot's Support team and stumbled across this while researching another matter. An idea post about this functionality exists that our developers have on their radar and are updating. Please feel free to add your upvote and use case there as well so the team can see the demand in one place and so that you can get notified of any updates. You can find it here.

Have a good weekend 🙂