Ability to configure double-opt in email settings in multiple languages

We have a site in different languages. The HubSpot COS double opt-in configuration (found in COS -> Content -> Content Settings -> Email -> Double Opt-in) is only supported in one language.

Would be great if this was available in multiple languages so we don't have to recreate the functionality for each language in workflows.

HubSpot updates
30 Replies
Occasional Contributor | Gold Partner
Occasional Contributor | Gold Partner

Working in Europe with countries in various countries, this is an essential capability! It would be great to get an update on whether this is yet planned.

Occasional Contributor | Platinum Partner
Occasional Contributor | Platinum Partner

+1
Hi, I agree with my colleagues who are asking for this feature for 3 years now. This is super important for companies who have multilanguage websites.

New Contributor

What the?! When we purchased HS scaling was an issue and we were told its all good! This would be a deal breaker. Its in Beta I heard today but I dont know how long to deployment.

New Contributor

Hey, it's 2020 and a multilingual DOI Mail should be kinda state of the art by now, shouldn't it?

A quick info about the timeline would be very useful. 

Also, it would be helpful to know: how are customers currently working around that problem?

I am thankful for any kind of help.

Thank you!

Charline

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team
updated to: In Planning

Hi all!

Product manager for the Subscriptions team here, this is an excellent idea and one I agree should be tackled. We won't be able to make any movement on this in the immediate future, though I am keeping it on my radar and will be providing updates as we get closer to actioning this.

New Contributor

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Occasional Contributor

Great news. Finally!

Occasional Contributor

Until this is done, does anyone have a suitable workaround other than creating a DOI email + confirmation page where I have to place text in different languages version next to each other?

Occasional Contributor

Hey @LenSad, I can tell you how we are doing, hopefully this solution works for you as well.

1. Create a new boolean property called "Double Opt-In confirmation" and another boolean called "Receive Marketing Emails"

2. Add the "Receive Marketing Emails" to your forms

3. Create one email per language with a link to a page (one per language) in your website where you basically confirm the double opt-in

4. Create a workflow to send these emails every time someone checks "Receive Marketing Emails" and the "Double Opt-In Confirmation" is unknown

5. Create a workflow to set "Double Opt-In Confirmation" to TRUE when people click on that link on that email

6. Done!

With this basically you can have a double opt-in in all the language you want and keep track of the consent.

Regular Contributor | Platinum Partner
Regular Contributor | Platinum Partner

Yes, that's really important. It's the first moment to build or destroy trust. 

Please add a delay in sending DOI, so that we can work with smart lists. That's obviously a quick-win!

@skalka thank you for your approach! I'm glad having a workaround.