HubSpot Ideas

Kselby

Ability to clone Hubspot automated emails

I am looking for the ability to clone the automated Hubspot emails. What I mean by this is the emails that are sent to us when someone submits a lead or visits our website. Currently I am trying to come up with a process where we a lead owner is sent an email when that lead revisits our website. I only want this to happen with a specific list of people though, and this function is only available when I create a custom workflow. But when I create this workflow I can not make an email that is similar to that automated email in which it includes a link to the users hubspot and salesforce profiles. If I were able to clone the default Hubspot emails and edit them this would be a possibility. Can you please add this feature?

3 Comentarios
Estado actualizado a: Not Currently Planned
Shay
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi @Kselby, thanks for reaching out! At the moment I'm afraid we don't have plans to introduce cloning of these templates but there is something that will get you pretty close to them. We don't currently have the View in Salesforce links in our notification emails anymore, that was removed recently, but we do have the View in HubSpot links, and you can re-create these inside an automated email by creating a link that looks like this: 

https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/[your-portal-id]/contact/{{contact.email}}

If you replace [your-portal-id] with your HubSpot portal ID (you can find it in the top-right of your account) and create a link in an automated email with the sample above, that link will redirect the person who clicks the link back to the record for the contact's email that was used in the notification email. For example, if I triggered a notification email in your account, the link would go to https://app.hubspot.com/contacts/123456/contact/shay@hubspot.com, and that link would redirect to my contact profile in your portal. 

I hope this helps! 

Shay
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

A quick update to this, @Kselby, I knew there was an easier way to achieve this. When creating an automated email, there's actually a new contact personalisation token that shows up that you can use, called "Internal Contact Record". You can use this personalisation token as the URL in a link, and it'll pre-populate with the URL to the contact record that triggered the automated email. This token is {{ contact.hubspot_contact_record }}

You can see an example here: 

Edit_Email___New_email.png

Kselby
Participante

@Shay Thank you for the followup! That makes sense to me, I was able to figure that out a few weeks ago. I was also able to add in a link to their salesforce profile which is great. It would have saved me a lot of time though if I was able to clone the automated emails.