HubSpot Ideas

bmatthews22

Ability to change the default "Expiration Date" in Quotes

Currently, Hubspot defaults to a "90 day" expiration date when a quote is created in the system. There are other options: 30 days, 60 days, custom. However, those need to be manually changed. 

For our business, 30 days is the sweet spot for expiration once a quote is created. If Sales forgets to manually change from "90 days", the prospect now has ability to reference the quote for a longer amount of time. 

I'm proposing that on the back-end settings of Quotes, the user can set the default expiration time to whatever best suits their business. 

Let's make it happen!!! 

13 Replies
dannycox
Participant | Partner

This is essential for one of my clients - material prices change, so not having a default option for 7 or 15 days creates potential for points of failure if a sales rep is moving too quickly. 

FinallyMatt
Participant | Platinum Partner

Totally agree with this. I'm kinda surprised it's not possible to set your own default quote expiry. Not everyone operates in 90-day terms and making it another action a rep has to adjust just sets them up to fail eventually.

koolhair

30 day default needs to happen as well as customizable dates.

bcartwright
Participant

We are looking for this feature as well. We would like our quotes to default to 30 days with the option to change to 90 or 60

RandyPeterson
Participant

We are also looking for this feature.

itshudak

Not sure why this isn't a feature already, but this is a big ask. 90 days is too much; when pumping out quotes, having as many defaults filled in as possible is a nice feature to have.

GardenRooms

Definitely need the ability to add in a custom expiry date!

gavlar0

This is so critical, we are finding that the HubSpot quotes tool is basic in every aspect.  Very dissapointed

JorgenSolberg

This is important! 90 days is way too much to start with...All the time sales will forget to set the date correctly and set the right custom date

ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team

Hey team - I can't give a concrete timing estimate, but providing a setting for this (and providing you the option to set the date in a custom way) is something that's on our radar.

JFinnegan
Participant

Hi There 

It would also be great to extend the expiry date, should that date have passed. My AE was having inbox issues and now has to raise a new quote as he could not counter sign the quote on time.

This should be a basic option

J

ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team

Hey folks - in Quote settings (i.e. Settings --> Objects --> Products & Quotes --> Quotes, you'll now find a setting for setting custom default expiration periods on quotes! The default expiration period can be between 1 and 365 days after the quote is created. If you set the setting, the default will only affect quotes created after the setting is set. Quotes that are published or in draft (or any other quote status) will not be affected or automatically changed.

HFisher7
Guide | Elite Partner

@ethankopit, is there anything in the development pipeline which is looking at the ability to set a default quote expiration data per currency?

It would be useful to be able to do so so foreign currency quotes could have a shorter default quote expiration date, due to fluctuating exchange rates.