HubSpot Ideas

CDanielson

Ability to change columns for each list

It looks like once you adjust your columns in a list, they update the columns for all lists. It would really be helpful if we could change the columns for each list (or set a default) with the flexibility to change ad hoc.

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
August 11, 2022 09:12 AM

Update: All portals now have the ability to edit their individual list columns. Thank you all for submitting and upvoting this idea. 

You can learn how to customize your list columns here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/lists/how-to-customize-list-columns 

In Beta
July 29, 2022 07:31 AM

Hi all,

We understand it is critical to see some information in one list that may not be relevant in another. Our team has been working on making this idea possible and I'm happy to say that we now have it available in private beta. 

If you would like early access to it please fill out this form.

Thank you for upvoting and making this idea possible!

Andres

July 25, 2022 09:45 AM

Hi folks,

I’m Andres Bustos- Product Manager for HubSpot’s Lists tool.

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. I'm happy to report that this Idea is now In Planning! This means that our engineers are actively building this feature.

The product development process is always filled with unexpected bumps and hurdles, so I can't give a timeline, but I am confident in saying we'll deliver this feature as soon as possible.

All updates will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned!

Best,

99 Replies
JSalamone
Contributor

I've been using hubspot 5+ years and never noticed my columns were changing but now that I created a list with 18 columns, provided a report, then created another list with many less fields, went back to add another column to my first list and EVERYTHING was gone, this is crazy and a HUGE timewaste, wow. 

ThomasBröker

This idea has been posted 4 years ago, but still no solution despite the many votes and replies.
It would be great if someone at Hubspot started implementing this.

Damotech
Participant

An update from Hubspot as to why this feature is not being prioritized would be appreciated considering the strong interest in this feature by so many Hubspot users.

Thank you.

NDowner
Participant

I came across this thread when searching for a solution to the same problem. I frequently need to export a list of responses to a specific form and I use a column view that includes the form data. When exporting a list for other purposes, such as an event registration list, I need to see different columns but can't build a new column view without removing all the columns from my form response view! This causes a lot of extra work because it forces users to either always export lists with too many columns and delete the unneeded ones in excel or to have to re-select the column output field boxes every single time they want to export a list with a different column view. That's a lot of time lost that could have been spent on other things that aren't clicking boxes! Agreed with everyone in this thread. This is an urgent need and I don't know why it hasn't been prioritized.

DNowak

We joined Hubspot in November 2021 and as a new user I just discovered this problem with the columns.   Different users want to see different columns, in different orders.  Hubspot rolls out cool new features every month, but it would be great to see Hubspot prioritize this issue finally and fix it, five years in.   On the same topic, it would be very helpful if sort order is saved.  Every time I open the list I have to resort it.

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi team,

Understand we do have a workaround in the form of contact views. However, some customers still prefer to see all their filtered information at one place (e.g. List).

Seeing that this is a rather popular idea, do we have an update?

Thank you!

millennnialmktr

I thought this concept would have been common sense. Unfortunately, I guess not. This is probably the first time, ever, that HubSpot has really let me down. I don't have any major beef with HubSpot at all, but realizing this rubbed my OCD in all the wrong ways. 

DNowak

I agree with millennialmktr completely.   It is a puzzling letdown where Hubspot is concerned, since they exceed expectations in most other areas!

MilesHeadStart
Contributor

I understand there's a workaround to this, but it seems weird that we can't have this logic in Lists if it already exists via Contacts. Not all lists are created equally - they serve different purposes - and so why would changing your columns in one List affect them in your other lists? Interesting how many users have chimed in on this very old thread up to today without any indication of this being on the roadmap for HubSpot.

MBilan

Couldn't agree more. Lists are meant to serve different purposes- columns useful to one list may not be useful (at all) in other lists so it's quite a bummer having to change the column views every single time.

HelenHachtel

omg I thought I was going insane. I kept changing one list, which shows active customers, and the view would update for my other list, which is leads. I need to view totally different information for each, ya know, given they are completely different types of contact. Hubspot has this weird blind spot with these things where it's like "here are seven ways to  automate an email. why would you need to customize views based on view?"

CJohnsonPiano
Participant

Add me to the list of people convinced that this should be the default behavior for a list.  Lists are often unique pulls of data - so why should we be able to present that data uniquely?  

AndresBustos
HubSpot Product Team

Hi folks,

I’m Andres Bustos- Product Manager for HubSpot’s Lists tool.

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. I'm happy to report that this Idea is now In Planning! This means that our engineers are actively building this feature.

The product development process is always filled with unexpected bumps and hurdles, so I can't give a timeline, but I am confident in saying we'll deliver this feature as soon as possible.

All updates will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned!

Best,

AndresBustos
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all,

We understand it is critical to see some information in one list that may not be relevant in another. Our team has been working on making this idea possible and I'm happy to say that we now have it available in private beta. 

If you would like early access to it please fill out this form.

Thank you for upvoting and making this idea possible!

Andres

rtruncale
Top Contributor

AMAZING! Long overdue. Happy to be part of this beta. Not having saved columns for specific lists has been a huge roadblock for us. At one point we had 2,000 lists across 8 global regions and having to set up contact views pulling lists in with saved columns has been an extra step I no longer want to do.

Thanks HubSpot! 

MBilan

FINALLY! This is going to make our lives soooo much easier! Thank you!

auto-mate
Top Contributor

Ooh this is in my portal. Beautiful. Long-awaited, yes. But still a joy to come to work and find this. Thank you Hubspot people!

AndresBustos
HubSpot Product Team

Update: All portals now have the ability to edit their individual list columns. Thank you all for submitting and upvoting this idea. 

You can learn how to customize your list columns here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/lists/how-to-customize-list-columns 

Crystal_Hopper
Key Advisor

@AndresBustos Thank you, and your team, so much for doing this!