HubSpot Ideas

CDanielson

Ability to change columns for each list

It looks like once you adjust your columns in a list, they update the columns for all lists. It would really be helpful if we could change the columns for each list (or set a default) with the flexibility to change ad hoc.

Mises à jour HubSpot
Statut mis à jour : Delivered
August 11, 2022 09:12 AM

Update: All portals now have the ability to edit their individual list columns. Thank you all for submitting and upvoting this idea. 

You can learn how to customize your list columns here: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/lists/how-to-customize-list-columns 

Statut mis à jour : In Beta
July 29, 2022 07:31 AM

Hi all,

We understand it is critical to see some information in one list that may not be relevant in another. Our team has been working on making this idea possible and I'm happy to say that we now have it available in private beta. 

If you would like early access to it please fill out this form.

Thank you for upvoting and making this idea possible!

Andres

July 25, 2022 09:45 AM

Hi folks,

I’m Andres Bustos- Product Manager for HubSpot’s Lists tool.

Thank you all for taking the time to submit, upvote, and comment on this Idea. I'm happy to report that this Idea is now In Planning! This means that our engineers are actively building this feature.

The product development process is always filled with unexpected bumps and hurdles, so I can't give a timeline, but I am confident in saying we'll deliver this feature as soon as possible.

All updates will be relayed on this thread, so stay tuned!

Best,

99 Commentaires
Damotech
Participant

Definitely a MUST. Not having this makes shared lists useless as others will not have the same columns, and in most cases make the list difficult to use & understand...

ColorGuru
Membre

PLEASE HUBSPOT!  This is so necessary!  We may have to move to another platform if this doesn't happen.  

JMercer
Participant

yes please! Configuring columns for every possible list scenario is unworkable.

Timohoh
Participant

+1

RRotink
Membre

As a newcomer to HUBSpot I am somewhat shocked that this issue has been flagged over 3 years ago and still has not been resolved. Indeed, highly neccessary functionality to have. 

NAds
Contributeur

Same.

daniez
Membre

Can't believe this feature still hasn't made its way into the product roadmap after ~4 years. It's such basic functionality I'm shocked it doesn't exist in the first place. I've been a HubSpot user for 7+ years across various companies/clients and this has been a pain point for me every. single. time. Come on HubSpot, this seems like SUCH an easy fix.

SGroenenberg
Membre

Plz make this possible!

richard88
HubSpot Employee

I know there must be a reaso why its set to a default for the user as a whole based on your browser, but it would be helpful if for a specific list you could save a view of that list that everyone can see consistently so you can share with colleagues exactly what you are looking at. 

DarlaM
Participant

Hello! I think this really needs to be updated, as it makes sense for certain lists to show maybe contact info while others would show marketing engagement, etc. Any update to this request??

RDePauw
Membre

4 years later this is still a major headache

paigeleslie
Contributeur

Just commenting to emphasise the need for this functionality!

darrellk2000
Membre

Update and timeline would be great.

smn
Membre

I agree. It would also be useful if the list view could be saved permanently. Currently it is reset when cookies are deleted or another browser is used.

RHerson
Membre

It does seem ridiculous that this functionality still has not been fixed, it seems SO basic. Especially when in contact VIEWS - a much less robust feature - it's possible to set what columns are saved with each view. So a workaround (inconvenient but still a workaround) is to create the list you need, then create a view based on this list, and set the relevant columns in the view. Ugh. Totally unecessary. Why, Hubspot???

TSauer
Membre

I could not agree more. I had no idea that Hubspot would force the columns I selected for one List onto EVERY Saved List I had created.  Not until after I've spent hours/days/months creating a multitude of custom Lists.  I understand that I can create Contacts VIEWS that will save my column selections. But I didn't learn this until long after I created all the LISTS I wanted.   Can anyone tell me what purpose LISTS serve in Hubspot if you can never save your column preferences to them?  In my opinion, that makes them worthless because we are forced to update the columns every time we open a different list.   Hubspot REALLY NEEDS TO FIX THIS.   Or at least warn people about this behavioral quirk so they create Contact Views instead of Lists when they want to see specific sets of structured data.

Msyvrais
Conseiller clé

Still so frustrating - I hope this is something they can do soon.

LThayn
Membre

I would love this feature too. The lists I use for many different reasons, and I would love to be able to see different columns for each list.

lwilliamsnha
Participant

Just adding my +1 to this discussion that is now four years old. This would be SUPER helpful for our business.

TheHutch
Membre

Yes this is definitely needed! I have so many lists which should have different column arrangements and i keep having to move them around but the column choices doesnt always make sense for all lists. Creating "views" in the "contacts" section doesnt quite work as a solution because from lists we can create reports and then create dashboards from those reports, which we cant do with "views" in contacts section. I can't believe this thread is 4 years old now, can we have answer please Hubspot?