HubSpot Ideas

CDanielson

Ability to change columns for each list

It looks like once you adjust your columns in a list, they update the columns for all lists. It would really be helpful if we could change the columns for each list (or set a default) with the flexibility to change ad hoc.

99 Replies
Msyvrais
Key Advisor

It would be great if you save lists and or contact filters with specific columns they stayed that way. Certain lists we want to see certain properties and other different properties. This is annoying to always have to edit the columns viewable.

deldridge
Participant

Not only do I want it to save the columns I choose for a list (and not affect anyone else or any other list), it needs to export in the order I choose the columns.  I spend most of my time re-ordering the columns in Excel in the order I need them for reporting.

DC13
Participant

I'm struggling to understand why this isn't already there. HubSpot how are we to utilise the lists feature if we can't create our views for each list? It's pretty useless the way it is without being able to toggle and edit columns per list.

brennencarroll
Participant

How has it been 2 years and this still isnt a thing? The contacts area is not the same you cannot export from there. Ridiculous. 

ColorGuru

This would help our team SO MUCH!  We need to see different information for different lists at a glance.  Please do this!!!

GayanG
Participant

Cant beleive that this hasn't been done in 3 years.... WOW. it's like people working at Hubspot isn't even using their own product, because if they did, they'd know how ridiculous this is.

Please reply to this thread to get some visibility for this issue,

KETIVMarketing
Participant

If not full functionality, being able to set up columns for certain folders of lists. Also being able to set a default column view for a list for all team members. When other members access the data they tend to have to go in and also set up the same columns over and over depending on the list type. 

francis
Participant

Yes please ! My lists are super differents I don't want to change everywhere 😕

swolfe

I was optimistic last year when contact records could be customized with sections that the issue with needing to customize columns in lists would also be in the works. However, I see that this rather basic option still needs created. I hope we see it sometime in the near future because we have many types of clients in our database and we would only want to see properties that are unique to the lists they belong to.

Msyvrais
Key Advisor

I thought this was resolved but over the last few weeks i've realized that this isnt the case.

None of my lists require the same columns, and to have to edit the columns every time we create a list or a contact view it's so time consuming. Please please find a solution for this.

MichGaub

You should be able to save a list with the property columns specific for that list.  Maybe have the filters show as columns in the list.

Crystal_Hopper
Key Advisor

I've put up with this because I've become so fast at redoing my columns. However, I'm taking vacation soon and passing along some of my work to my backups. Boy Howdy!!! They are **bleep** (ha ha...I did not say that bad of word)  that columns I set for a list won't stay put for them. They are not fast at setting columns and this part of the task makes the whole thing very, very overwhelming to them. 

I have exported the lists with the columns they need and showed them how to compare and reset. That's the best I can do for them. But this is a deep black mark in their perception of Hubspot and I'd really appreciate help overcoming it.

Damotech
Participant

This feature is a must and a top priority. I'm creating lists to help other departments become more efficient on how they manage leads in Hubspot. But, if they don't have the columns that make sense for the list, it is useless...

deldridge
Participant

Hey All!

I asked Hubspot in a Support Ticket: "How do we find out the status of an idea that everyone seems to be at their wit's end over? What more is needed to get this idea into reality? Or find out if it's even up for consideration, already in the works, rejected?"

This is the response from Hubspot:  "I heard back from the product expert on this, and he says they don't have any immediate plans on adding this into the product, but he's going to bring this up during his team's meeting to see if this might be something we can do moving forward! Once we have confirmation of their plans, our Ideas Forum team will update the idea post to reflect that decision."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This request is over 2 years old and it's clear many people need this ability.  Please keep posting about it and maybe it will get some traction.

Damotech
Participant

I think Hubspot sees lists as mostly being used for automations (workflows), emailing & reporting.

But they are often being used for viewing & sorting of contacts/leads, much like what people do in Excel (especially sales teams, but also marketing). Having the ability to save specific columns for each list would make this process much more streamlined, and decrease the demand for exporting contacts outide of Hubspot (to excel). Without the associated columns, most lists are useless for viewing purposes...

BigDaddyBear
Participant

This feature would be incredibly useful. Having to switch up the view for each list is an absolute ballache!

CJones1

Yess this is desperately needed and is standard in so many other tools.

cloudforce

hey hubspot. as the use case for these lists (at least for our firm) is to easily view a short list of fields across selected companies/contacts, the fact that customizing the list view within a given list alters the column view across all lists kind of defeats the purpose. i'd love (!) to be able to seamlessly toggle between lists and see the custom-tailored column views in each. thanks for enhancing this functionality asap!

MikeSchuman

This needs to be done. When I first started using Hubspot the lists were an old looking style but functional. Now they have the modern look but are not functional. Please add custom columns per list. Years later and still not done. So frustrating. 

Sean_Hurley
Member | Gold Partner

This is a MUST! Lists are difficult without this.