HubSpot Ideas

brkn

Ability to add personal email to Conversations Inbox

Ability to add personal inbox or connected email account to conversations inbox. This way sales reps can read emails, respond, etc without the need to use email client.

29 Replies
Brandonbaker

The ability to connect personal emails inboxes as conversations inboxes much like you can do with team emails.

Why: This would allow us to bring in a certain department or divisions personal email box to ensure that there is cross-team visibility. This ensures if someone is on vacation, sick or leaves the company, the rest of the team is able to have visibility and pick up where it was left off with no friction to our customers. We use Gsuite and we believe with this feature, we could turn off the gmail app in Gsuite and have certain divisions on hubspot for all functions.

keithemery
Participant

This would be great feature for us as well.

mswitzer
Participant

YES.

We use a shared inbox for inbound communications that is monitored and triaged by a team.

It would be ideal to have a tab for personal inbox as well in order to leverage snippets, documents, etc... in standard communications.

Make it happen - where are the upvotes on this?!

adamhawes
Participant

This would be amazing!

A bit like with Intercom. I don't want reps having to track / open / be alerted for emails in other places. If Hubspot truly is a platform, then all comms should happen in it. 

I also want rep inboxes to be accessible to the wider team - just like in intercom. 

Ability to redirect inboxes - when reps are away to a 'sales' inbox would also be great!

Anaïs1

Indeed on our side it would be very important to be able to connect each other our email address without having the emails of the other members of our team

nc_3manfactory
Contributor | Diamond Partner

How has this not had more upvotes? Being able to manage both personal and team email in the same space makes massive sense - especially if the options to assign etcetera were still part of the personal inbox functions.

awilkinson

Have to echo the above, I have just spend 2 hours on chat with support only to find out here that its not possible.

Hubspot what is happening about this!?

SAO-Adam

In our business, our Comms / 1st Line team (helpdesk) manage the email inboxes of the directors, filtering out unwanted emails, responding to clients, etc.

There's no sensitive information coming into these inboxes (we have dedicated separate inboxes for financial, legal, etc) so this works very well.

The problem is we cannot do this via Hubspot because it doesn't allow us to link personal inboxes with the ServiceHub Inbox.

This doesn't seem to be any kind of technical limitation.  It's most likely just an assumption that most businesses wouldn't want to do this.  This is probably true for some, but not for us, so could it be made an option instead?

jessewragg

In general, you'd hope this wouldn't be too big of an ask anyway. I think a simple overview would solve this need for a lot of us.

We can already see the emails by going to the contact/company level, and I've actually built a report which displays this information to give an overview of emails sent/received, but an Outlook/Gmail-esque view of this information would be a real value-add to HubSpot.

dbenson_017

I'm very new to all of this. However, I would find it fascinating if I could connect my Outlook account to where my email & calendar could be viewed within HubSpot. The possiblities of connecting my Outlook, Gmail & HubSpot Calendars harmoniously sounds like an opportunity of a dream one stop shop planner of my work life-tasks along with personal life-tasks... and a customer for life! Also, if you guys are hiring in anyway, I'm fascinated by your software and business model!

Twerb

I am efficient, some say lazy. I would love for the HubSpot inbox for the personal email to be given the same abilities as say outlook on the web. This way I can stay in one place for incoming emails. The incoming personal emails are viewable on the contacts page but if you don't know it's there you'd miss it. Let me ditch outlook and the web version for just Hubspot.

PJ87

Would be nice to have dedicated inbox for each Sales person so that one can look all emails received from their contacts in one view.

MartinWilliams
Participant

Agreed, would make HubSpot more of a hub spot. 

LouiseRay
Participant

It would be really helpful if it was possible to view your full outlook/365 inbox within Hubspot rather than having to swap between programmes so you don't miss messages from people who are not within the CRM.

JHuss
HubSpot Employee

Hi there !

ISC speaking here.

So I had a couple of users chatting in to know if they could manage their personal email address directly through Hubspot - exactly like it is possible when you connect your team email.

I think this could be a nice possibility to add, particularly for very small businesses who´d be able to manage the most important things from their inboxes directly through Hubspot without leaving it.
Also, as it is possible to do it when you connect a team email,  it might not require too much input work and time? 

Now if some accounts would like to have a personal one AND a team email one connected where they´d be able to manage their inbox, we could either have a "switch button" or distinct "Personal Inbox " / " and allowing each user to have access to both of it.

Hope this idea finds you well!

Cheers,

Jordan

KWinchell

Agree. We would love to just use hubspot and not have our sales reps have to leave to gmail. We have tried add-ons like drag in gmail. We have tried the hubspot extension which isn't great.

Jupita_team
Contributor

For the superadmin to track all communications & extract all possible analytics from all customer interactions (emails) it needs to include personal business emails as well.

Webhooks shouldn't be limited to team emails only.

I can see why the limitation existed due to the sharing of "personal" emails (they are actually business emails technically), however the superadmin might be the only one with access to the conversations Inbox, or they might just share access with the executive team.

Not every HubSpot superadmin shares access to the conversations Inbox with every single employee. So if the superadmin wishes, they should be able to enable any email to benefit from available features of apps listed in the marketplace. At the end of the day it should at least be a choice for the superadmin is what I'm saying otherwise it's an excluding limitation that serves no purpose.

ecowoodrings
Participant

It really feels to us as a company difficult to digest that we can't have both our personal company email and team company email landing in the same inbox.  

DBushe
Member | Diamond Partner

The email integration with PipeDrive is much smoother than Hubspot and I'd love to see Hubspot implement this so we can have an easier time accessing their connected emails! 🙂 

Instead of an extension, where they log email, you integrate your email inbox with PipeDrive and it looks and behaves like your email inbox. This way, nobody has to switch between Hubspot and Gmail, you can keep everything in Hubspot.

 Screenshot below:

Screen Shot 2022-06-03 at 5.23.12 PM.png

VRunyan

Fully support this, would be a great feature!!