HubSpot Ideas

MargaretR1

Ability to add .doc or .pdf or .ppt to a Knowledge Base support site

Not all Knowledge Base documents are "posts/articles".  We have a need to upload .docs or .pdf documents for our customers do download.  Right now it is impossible to add a doc or even the URL to a doc hosted on Hubspot without embedding it into an article.  

It is very limiting.   We would like to be able to upload a document to our Knowledge Base Support Site. 

18 Replies
devclive

would love this to happen too 🙂

Lindsandrews

I second this. It's absolutely needed.

CStassen

I would also like to add documentation as extra information to an article..

CStassen

Hi all, i have been searching for ways to add documents to my articles.

A work around.

you can add a link. However you can also add a file. When you click insert link, you can select file.

first make sure this file is added to your files.

Works for me for both pdf and word

Cheers

Catherine

CStassen_0-1628776882184.png

SandyV

This will be helpful.

EnguerrandBazin

We need this for our technical sheets .pdf

JoshLevitsky

I have this same need, but expand it to zip files and really any kind of file. Our KB is for a system's management product ( https://kb.filewave.com ) and we frequently have example scripts or other files to share. We use Confluence right now. Looking at HubSpot for our KB a method for dealing with file attachments would be what lets us use HubSpot for KB. We use HubSpot for pretty much everything else in Sales / CX / PS but the files thing is an issue for us. It would be great if either files could be stored at HubSpot or if you had an integration where the file might be stored in Amazon S3 but the KB makes a link to it and where we could have the file deleted if the KB article is deleted. 

MargaretR1
Totally agree. In this day and age it should be possible!
Josiah

THIS!  Why can I add Emoji's to my technical Knowledge Base entries, but not documents!?!?

STanis

It would be great if our users can download docs as a PDf as well.

PTan70

We also have a need to embed PDFs to our Knowledge Base article pages- has anyone managed to get an answer from Hubspot on whether this as become available?

LouiseDeam
Participant

Is this not already possible? What a pain! We also need to be able to upload PDF documents and ideally even spreadsheets (as a downloadable template resource) to our knowledgebase without embedding them in 'articles'.

ozuluagah

Please, good idea.

FraserKeddie
Participant

Our customers need to download articles in our Knowledge Base as PDFs. We have multiple requests for this functionality. I hope this can be resolved. 

ShelbyJohnson12

Completely agree. This is a MUST HAVE! 

JoshLevitsky

I love HubSpot in general just the KB bit is a bit tough to implement only because of this. I wonder BookStack (bookstackapp.com) is opensource and free and can be used commercially. It's so lovely and hosting provider tools like Cloudron install instances of it very easily. I use it for https://kb.filewave.com and it's very good. If I were at HubSpot I would probably see about integration of Bookstack in to HubSpot as the KB system and then that solid opensource project also might get some funding from HubSpot. Just an idea. We handle logins to BookStack by syncing HubSpot -> KeyCloak SSO and then auth to everything with KeyCloak. I constantly wish HubSpot would get in to the SSO business more directly since all of our workflows are in HubSpot. 

JBerkstresser

This woudl be incredibly helpful - i am surprised this is not an option already

WimbaRF

Is anybody working on this topic?