HubSpot Ideas

Suzie-Mamava

Ability to add attachments to templates & sequences

In the Government space, especially Department of Defense, clickable links for documents are frequently not allowed by their networks. I would like the ability to add attachments to templates, and have them carry over into sequences. This would greatly increase my ability to streamline communication and automate 60% of what I do into templates and sequences.

21 Replies
TimLCooley
Participant

It would be awesome if there was a way to attach a document to a Conversation Template. I know a lot of people who would find this very useful.

PDufresne

When creating a template, you need to upload a file as a document, which does not look like a native gmail file when you send it over. I want my emails to seem personal like I'm just sending it out of my gmail.

As of now, I need to create a template (with no file attached), then add it to a email, manually attach a file to then send it like I'd like.

There should just be the same functionality when in a template, if I don't want the weird embeded document I should be able to attach it like a normal document in an email. 

Thanks

wmeyer
Participant

I want to be able to not only link to documents within an email template, but also have the ability to attach a pdf (like you would do in a outlook email for example). The functionality is there when sending a manual email, but not for email templates.. Doesn't make sense why this isn't available for automated emails. 

LWatson8

Would like to attach documents to email templates & sequences rather than having to upload them to HubSpot and then insert them into the body of an email - this is currently a very slow process

mjterifaj

We have several email templates we use at our company to inform customers of instructions, or next steps needed.  One particular template is for SSO (Single Sign-On), where we have the template made to automatically insert certain data fields from their Account/Ticket in Hubspot.  While this has made life easier, it is still a manual process in the sense that we have to attach 3 different screenshots (.PNG Files) each time we want to send the email out.......there should be an option to have those 3 attachments anchored to the template so they go out with each email.  

You do have the option to embed the images right into the email body iteself, but that leads to another issue, which I will also be submitting a ticket for (if there isn't one already), and that is the fact that images embedded into the email body can't be resized easily.  If you make them too small, there is no way for the person receiving the email to see the image in it's bigger state, making it hard to read.  There should be the option to resize the image smaller, and then when people click on it, it opens it in it's original size.  

SCarton

When you create your template you can add a document/attachment to the template and do not need to embeed the pictures to the email. When creating your template click on Insert and add a document (these documents will have to be uploaded sepeartly and prior to adding to your template).

DPERSIN
Participant

really needed !

PWronka

Agreed. The stats of people clicking these links as opposed to attachments is evident. This would be very useful for prospecting campaigns and would allow our team to effectively further automate our sales operations. 

Just ask yourself - would you click a link from a stranger in the cyber secure times? 

APascale0

We would also like to attach files at the beginning of a sequence. We do use links in email templates later on in our sequences, but in the very first email, it would be very helpful to be able to attach a file - we see a greater response rate with the attachment vs the link. We initiate the sequence in Outlook, and there used to be a loophole that allowed us to do this for years...and as of recently, we can no longer. 

APatpong

Just wondering how many upvotes they need to take a look at this issue. It's 2023 now. Still waiting.

Angi
Contributor

Would be great to be able to add attachments as attached documents and not as links!

MYegorov

Agreed, would be a very nice feature to have, especially since regular emails sent through the system have this capability already.

MBazzini

en effet, ca serait top de pouvoir mettre des PJ dans les emails modèles. Là les liens qui ramènent vers la PJ c'est pas super optimal 😕 

NWLang
Participant

I'm desperatly waiting for this feature! Clickable links are not allowed by my customers so have to send hundrets of mails manually... Automatisation via templates and sequences would be a big thing.

LePa
Participant

Same here, we desperately need to be able to attach real files to templates. Otherwise, super manual work!

ATran3
HubSpot Employee

A few of my customers would also like to submit for this idea. Thanks. 

MRivera7

Desperately need this feature, too! It's very frustrating that you can attach files to individual emails but not to the conversation templates. Our clients will NOT click on links (very understandably) and it would be a huge time saver if we could have the necessary attachments saved as part of the template. 

FMorey

I have been trying to reach out to leads with a link to a PDF containing more information, however, they are not opening the emails as the link looks like a scam.  I myself have deleted emails without even reading them if they contained any links.  Please introduce this feature as soon as possible as it would benefit users a lot.

PaulHub
Contributor

You CAN attach a document to an email (attachment, upload) but why not in a template or sequence? This is bullsh*t Hubspot!!

SamKempf

It would make sense to give us the ability to add contact cards to templates and, therefore, sequences! You already have the technology to do it manually in a new email (manually) insert.   Come on, Hubspot; you go this one!