HubSpot Ideas

SamuelDigital22

Ability to Report on Ad Spent in HubSpot Dashboards

Hey HubSpot, 

Just wanted to get everyone's thoughts on the current lack of functionality to report on Ad Spend in HubSpot Dashboards?

Currently, we can report by campaign, on clicks and new contacts but spend is unable to be pulled. Ideally having this by network and campaign would be ideal.

Really trying to maximise HubSpot Ads usage and move away from native editors as well as solve some admin in doing so! 🙂 

Best
Sam

18 Comentarios
jfrade
HubSpot Employee

Hey @SamuelDigital22 ! My name is Jason, I'm the designer on the Ads team here at HubSpot. I'd love to pick your brain some more on how you would like that chart to be broken down if you wouldn't mind?

SamuelDigital22
Miembro | Partner nivel Diamond

Hey Jason 

Sure! Happy to discuss - feel free to reach out to me on samuel@digital22.com

Best

Sam

Nikosaurus
Miembro

Hi there,

I have the same problem as Sam. I'd like to create an overview dashboard for the team and management and I need to include costs there.

It would be great as Sam said, if it could be breaken down on channel and visualized in a bar chart with a filter for the time frame or a linechart over a preiode of time (and a table - I'm a big fan of tables, but charts are better for top level reporting).

Also it would be helpful to have costs per lead and cost per MQL on a dashboard (but I assume calculations inside Hubspot reports reports would be needed therefore - but would be awesome).

**bleep** Niko

franliu2
Miembro

Thanks for bringing this up. Agree 100%. Please let me know when we get this feature.

rwong
HubSpot Employee

Upvoting on behalf of a customer! Would be useful if metrics on the ads dashboard itself (e.g. the budget, ROI) can be added as a report on HubSpot dashboards.

Use case: customer has a marketing dashboard set up with ad reports on it, and one for the campaigns with the highest CPC. They had overspent their ad budget and this information is visible on the ads dashboard, but it would be help them if they can also eye this on their marketing dashboard. 

Samuel_YC
Miembro | Partner nivel Elite

Also would love this please.

Would love a way to report on ad spend as part of a dashboard for a client

TOrick
Miembro

Completely agree! Being able to see total ad spend per platform too (Google Ads, Facebook Ads, etc.)

nr_studiotools
Participante

Same here, to get the full view on how effective our ads perform the spend needs to be placed in correlation to the sessions and the conversions on a dashboard.

PedroMarzagao
Colaborador

Upvote.

Also be able to factor in other channels such as Quora Ads for instance, would be great.

speduzzi
Miembro

I'd love this feature too! Also the ability to blend data across networks. 

Lukeward
Miembro

This NEEDS TO HAPPEN.  Such a basic feature should be obvious to be included in the reports dashboards for custom reporting.

kastraver
Colaborador

Adding my voice to the chorus on this one! I'm looking for something exceptionally simple - just an aggregated number of the total ad spend for the indicated period on my dashboard. The data is all in there, I can see it in Ads and in Analytics Tools, but I can't seem to translate that into a dashboard. 

russstephens
Miembro | Partner nivel Gold

Yes, definitely need this field added. Would also be good to be able to divide that metric by another metric such as total companies so that we can easily see our cost per MQL company and cost per client.

SMathiasen
Participante

Would love this! It shouldnt be necessary to use a different tool for simple week to week reporting 

Estado actualizado a: Delivered
katie_koenig
Equipo de producto de HubSpot

Hi everyone,

I’m Katie, the Senior Product Manager for HubSpot’s Ads tool.

I'm very pleased to announce that this feature has been Delivered to all Marketing Hub customers! Please navigate to Marketing > Ads and go to the Analyze tab. You should see two new charts now - Total Ad Spend and Ad Spend Over Time. These charts can also be added to a dashboard.

We could not have built this feature without your help. Thank you all for taking the time to submit, vote and comment on this Idea.

duncanc
Miembro

Hey I'd like to use Ad Spend in my custom report builder. Currently the property is not showing there. @katie_koenig 

Having it as a propert in custom report builder would allow me to track Ad Spend and Revenue from Ad Attributed Deals in one chart. 

I could also actually then generate my own ROI value for the past 30 days, 90 days etc and have that on a dashboard that my team uses. 

Thanks! 

Duncan

mrspabs
Colaborador líder | Partner nivel Elite

The analyze tab is great, but I need to be able to put this on a dashboard

Veycom
Participante | Partner nivel Elite

Hi @mrspabs, you might have realised this but you can add these to your dashbard as they are already. Simply hit 'save' on the chart, and choose which dashboard you wish to save it to 👍

Also upvoting @duncanc's post. I imagine this might be on the roadmap further down the line, but would like to know if it's on the radar. To have the flexibility of working with the ad data and deals would be incredibly valuable. 

Thanks, Kev