HubSpot Ideas

dzsigray

Ability to Remove One's Account from Portals

As with most marketing agencies, we have some clients who go elsewhere after working with us. These clients add us to their HubSpot portals, and they appear in our HubSpot Accounts list (https://app.hubspot.com/myaccounts-beta). However, once our working relationship with a client ends, they "deactivate" our user account instead of removing us entirely from the portal. On their end, this accomplishes the same thing. However, the portal still appears in our HubSpot Accounts list.

This is confusing, as when you click on the portal, it redirects you to a log-in screen. There, however, it tells you the company deactivated the user account.

It would be wonderful to be able to remove oneself from a portal. In our case, if a client deactivated our user account but did not remove us from the portal, we could then complete that step on our end.

3 Replies
jcl218

Upvoting this. I've been trying to nudge a former potential client to remove us from their portal for a while, not just deactivate me. They are busy, and not as familiar with or active in Hubspot as we are from day-to-day. Understandably, they are probably really annoyed with me for asking over and over again to remove us and I'm probably not getting a great reputation over here as "that girl who keeps nagging me about Hubspot."

The responsibility shouldn't rest solely on their end - it should be a mutual ability to separate not just for reputation reasons, but for security as well. As a business owner, I think to prevent the worst-case scenario - if there is ever confidential information leaked from their account at some point and I'm listed as someone who is still on their portal, I don't want to be involved in that mess.

shelbyarnett
Member | Platinum Partner

I'm so glad there are other people looking to resolve this! Whether a client deactivates or removes my user account from their portal, it would be great to no longer have their account cluttering my Accounts list.

SLindmont
Participant | Platinum Partner

As a partner that also uses a lot of development accounts for clients plus their live account, I need the ability to remove myself from accounts. It's a pain point for our clients as another step they have to do. It takes longer than you think to explain how to do this to others, and awkward when we're the experts. For the development accounts we create for the client, I have to track down the right person internally on my tech team for this request. Not the best use of anyone's time.