HubSpot Ideas

jbolger90

Ability to Organize and Sort Line Items within Product Library

It seems that there is no way to sort and organize line items within product libraries. Products are sorted based on import or create date within HubSpot.

My company builds product libraries and folders based off a tiered pricing approach (I.E. we have a Tier 1 Folder containing all of our products with a SKU # of T1 Product A, T1 Product B, etc. Tier 2 Folder containing all of our products with a SKU # of T2 Product A, T2 Product B).

As we add products, we do not have the ability to sort them alphabetically. It's a very manual process to build out line items and have them in a specific order within the product library today.

Any solutions other than deleting all of my products and doing a mass import so they show up in the order I need them to? 

HubSpot Updates
In Beta
October 20, 2023 09:07 AM
62 Replies
DebSchleede
Participant

Completely agree here. Especially when you create Products in the system via CSV import, they are jumbled all over the place per "Create Date" and not in any sort of order that resembles the CSV file. Please allow sorting capability that either matches the Product setup page, or another sort option to end users.

RBallantyne8

Any update form HubSpot regaridng this?  Will this be on the Developement Plan for 2023?

SRayment
Participant

+1 to this!

jlin2045

+1

Definately needed to be able to sort by either Name or SKU. 

dominik
Participant

+1, makes creating offers much easier!

would be great! we have a fixed order and system that sales people should follow to add products in order to not forget anything. 

they need to add products from every folder. so would be great if you could sort folders and products within this folders. 

Edsby

Lending our voice to this one. Like others, our company has a complex price list. Adding the ability to set the order of items in the root level of the product catalog, or within a product folder, aribitrarily, and not just sort by alpha on descripion or SKU field, would be ideal.

JHurst2

Please note we want to pile on with saying this is absolutely a critical need for the CRM.   People need products in alpha-numeric order.  So yes, adding a number is a hack, but not besst practice or sustainable.

I hate to offer suggestions to the development team, but depending on the database the following can be added to the query before passing to the UI: ORDER BY NAME; 

This would solved a LOT of headache.

DLeary

I agree.  This is a very important feature to make the quotation system work at scale.  My company is really trying to embrace the quotation system, but this Hubspot module is really not ready for prime time!  

JBooth3
Participant

adding a +1 to this - it causes so much pain for the sales team and by extension me! 😉 

fwinslow

Agreed! I'm intending to imort 3rd party catalogs. That is definitely a no-go as this feature stands today. We're working around this for now, but i will have to move to another option if this isn't solved in the near future. It's standing between my sales team and their goals... not a good place to be. 

I just realized that i submitted this issue over 1 year ago 2/3/22 and no response from Hubspot!

RBallantyne8
Honestly, it's getting beyond a joke that a system such as HubSpot cannot
do basic sorting on products and services. We've recently upgraded to
Enterprise and expanded our use of the system, however, this issue is
making us rethink the whole thing. We need HubSpot to start prioritising
the basics, or else they risk losing companies to other, more
capable systems.
MMcPherson

Happy birthday to this great idea.

dbb
Participant

i can't believe this has not been implemented yet. surely,saving the sort order isn't that hard to fix Hubspot?

RebeccaShultz
Contributor

Yes. Please!  Can we get this in development, please? 

NGoff

This is maddening!  +1 on this idea

LDowdy
Contributor

This is so frustrating.  This basically makes it very frustrating for our Sales people to use this tool.  It is also strange that I can create Folders for holding Products, but there are no folders for when the Products are being searched to add to the Line Item?  Is there possibly another forum that Enterprise customers can use to upvote items?  It seems HubSpot wants to add features, but they seem to take forever to change common sense items that should be easy to address.  This is to the point of being considered a bug.

CPlikat
Participant

Thx for giving this idea a voice! Please dev team try to integrate another product arragement option, preferably alphabetically.

sherrychen
Participant

This is a great idea, at meantime, I found a third party tool in marketplace that supports both create/manage HubSpot products, and build dashboard to display any sort as you wish.

MRITTENHOUSE

Upvoting here. Looks like this one has been on the books for quite some time. It's a simple sort function. Shouldn't be a hard fix and seems to be a significant gain in user experience. 

CP30

Hubspot - you have plenty of upvotes and comments to have at least replied to this thread to aknowldge the issue and comment. Your platform is very intuative for the most part, so prioritising issues where users experience daily friction (where they shouldn't have to) is vital to how many refferals we provide to our industry peers (to continue to grow from your base)... Waiting...