HubSpot Ideas

jbolger90

Ability to Organize and Sort Line Items within Product Library

It seems that there is no way to sort and organize line items within product libraries. Products are sorted based on import or create date within HubSpot.

My company builds product libraries and folders based off a tiered pricing approach (I.E. we have a Tier 1 Folder containing all of our products with a SKU # of T1 Product A, T1 Product B, etc. Tier 2 Folder containing all of our products with a SKU # of T2 Product A, T2 Product B).

As we add products, we do not have the ability to sort them alphabetically. It's a very manual process to build out line items and have them in a specific order within the product library today.

Any solutions other than deleting all of my products and doing a mass import so they show up in the order I need them to? 

62 Replies
nmassey

Just wanted to add a +1 to this -- would be super useful if there was a setting to set the default sorting of the products libarary (so this can be changed from 'Create Date' to 'Name').

BRyder
Participant

I agree this is super frustrating.  If I go into product library in settings I can sort alphabetically or however.   But that view does not save.  it only switches back to default view when adding line items as date of creation? Madness to be honest, no use whatsoever in that sort order.

Come on HubSpot, make this right, surely is easy enough.

RBallantyne8

Alphabetical sorting for products should be the default, not creation time/date. This is the most intuitive and only logical default order for a product/services/price list.

The search time for users and the chance of not selecting the correct product is a lot higher when lists aren't alphabetically/numerically sorted.  This is even more important for folders, which are supposed to help sort and group products to reduce the length of lists to look up - however, this is confounded by not sorting the Product list default - users have to remember the position of folders to access them, negating any productivity gain there may have been in implementing folders in the fist place. 

We number folders to ensure products and services are added in the same order as our price list, which builds the solution to bill the client.  The only way to currently do this is by exporting all products, deleting all products in Hubspot, sorting the CVS to ensure everything imports in the correct order and then re-importing the products into Hubspot.

I really hope this gets looked at soon.  Whoever thought that designing the Product list to display by creation date/time should consult more in the real world.  Any time I update my pricelist, that item moves to the top of the list, destroying the ordered list.  Commodity based products and raw materials fluctuate all the time.  We do quarterly price reviews on our entire offering while having to constantly update pricing based on demand, logistics and supply-chain costs.  The chance of a user selecting the wrong product/service because the list has changed order is frustrating and causes mistakes, costs time and requires us to rework - all the things that Hubspot is trying to prevent and improve.

FMaher
Contributor

Is there any update on this? There are certain line items that are mandatory in a deal based on the product being sold. I can't use a workflow to add line items to a deal based on a selection from another property, so the next best option is for me to somehow indicate the mandatory items. Ideally, the most used line items should be at the top of each folder - however I have no way to control this.
In addition, I tried to add an asterix to the SKU data (which we only use to identify the pricing model), but the SKU does not display when selecting a line item.
Being able to sort line items in the product library seems to be basic functionality that would help with a lot of issues.

FMaher
Contributor

Now I have added all our pricing models to HubSpot - the order folders and line items display in HubSpot is a nightmare. We have costs based on volumes - the different volume line items are all over the place. I uploaded the line items from a spreadsheet hoping HubSpot would keep the same order as the rows - not so. Selecting a line item is very, very frustrating to use.

LorenaFlores

I am interested in having my library on order - how can we do this?

RRogers

Has there been any update on this?

fwinslow

I'd like to know an update on this also as this is a major shortcoming requiring much training and support for our sales team to overcome the issue. 

MMcPherson

This would be great.  Our product library has become a mess as our business has grown.

fwinslow

This problem grows daily for us.  Sounds like there's great support for this topic and should be pretty simple to implement. Can we get some feedback from hubspot team on this one? 

CvanNiekerk9

I'm new to my agency and one of my tasks was sorting and organising Hubspot Product Library. It became so messy - to the point where I literally recreated 70 new products. I did it assuming I could reorder them at the end. To my suprise, I couldn't and now I've had to create a subdirectly externally that explains where everything is as a lot of our product names are similar and the variation is in the description.

The functionailty must exist as we can reorder product items when creating a quote - so please Hubspot - get this up and running 🙂

fwinslow

Thanks for jumping on the thread. @hubspot -- This is a major blocker for us. please respond with an update... let us know someone is listening. 

RBallantyne8

It would be great to get a response from @hubspot hopefully this new activity will prompt someone. 

MMcPherson

I'd be happy to prefix the products with an alpha/numeric code if that resolved/made the implementation easier.

PSimbulan
Participant

I was on a support chat about this very problem the other day. The library gets clutered as more products are added. It makes it harder to select the correct product when doing quotes or deals. The ability to pin 'default' products is a must have.

swiss-oliver
Contributor | Elite Partner

I I support this functionality as well. I suggest the following options to add as well: to add sort logic, ability to choose from a product folder and the possibility to customize the displayed product properties in the line items field of the 'create deal mask'. The better/easier sales reps can choose the right product, the more they will use it. And the better our reporting will be.

swood6

We have about 30 services and sorting them by create date is not helpful.  Searching isn't enough since our sales team is on the phone with the client while selling and clicking etc.  The ability in field creation to custom sort is amazing and helpful.  The same capability in service sorting would be most helpful.  Please, move this to the top of the list!  

courtney_hickey
Contributor

Agree, would like to sort by SKU and have that be the sales team default view. Time consuming to recreate the library each time to ensure it makes sense from a rep perspective.

fwinslow

Hubspot team: Any update on this? It's been a long time for something seemingly simple.

If you're using a noSQL database, i can understand that adding an index is not a trivial task. Please update us on progress. Any explanation of what's going on will help us defend you to our team and support you in the community. 

The silence is deafening. 

OKillian
Participant

Just wanted to add a +1 to this: Sort by name etc.  - very useful. Would make it much easier for us to create a quote.