HubSpot Ideas

cmichellec

Ability to A/B test send time for emails

As a newer HubSpot user, it would be beneficial for A/B testing to allow testing the same email for different send times. We are trying to find the best time for regularly sending out emails and the size of our contact lists makes the manual workaround is very tedious. Has anyone found an easier way that cloning emails and splitting a contact list in half?

HubSpot Updates
Idea Submitted
February 27, 2024 11:53 AM

Thanks for all the active feedback and comments on this idea. This work isn't planned for development in the next quarter, but I am actively following this thread in consideration for future work cycles.

If you are willing to jump on a call to talk more about this functionality, and your specific use cases send me a direct message.  I would love to understand and learn more from you. Otherwise, please feel free to upvote and continue to leave feedback on this thread.

May 20, 2022 02:19 PM

Hello @ridingforlife07! My name is Jackie Brenna and I will be taking over this idea for Jake. As of right now, this work is not planned for development in the upcoming quarter, but if you would like to hop on a call, I would love to hear more about your use case!

Not Currently Planned
May 27, 2020 12:14 PM

Thanks for your comments on the idea. This isn't planned for development in the next quarter. For transparency and clarity, I'm updating this issue to 'Not currently planned' for the time being. We are investing in bolstering our email testing capabilities starting here. If you are willing to jump on a call to talk more about this functionality, and your specific use cases send me a direct message. I would love to chat more.

We will re-evaluate in the future and we will update this idea if anything changes. Please feel free to upvote and continue to leave feedback on this thread.

77 Replies
LeighM
Participant

Yes. I agree. Would love to see this feature implemented by the product development team. We have an extensive list of clients and prospects globally and to have to manually go through is too time intensive and we don't have enough resources to be able to handle such a task. Would be great to see what times work best to reach our targeted audience via a/b testing. 

Paulina

One more voice for AB time

In emails we have many variables which influence on the open rate which is not only subject line and audience but also a time sent. We want to send the same email with same subject line just one in the week day and one during the weekend.

How we can find out what day is the best one? I know there are a lot of recommendations but then everyone on the market can follow them which is not very effective when people are spammed in the same day by all companies.

AVChrista
Contributor | Elite Partner

I would love the ability AB test send times for the same email. Manually doing this is not an efficient use of my time.

Marianne_Holmga

I also could benefit from this features. Being use to work in MailChimpt with those splittest features, the email module in Hubspot is long behind. Splittest more than content and subject line, for instance sending time, is very needed.

kentdagnall

Why has this not been implemented? Hubspot is too expensive to be missing features available for FREE on MailChimp. Hubspot doesn't care about users since they went public and fired everyone who knows anything about inbound. 

KatieMarr
Contributor

I cannot believe this doesn't exist. We should have the ability to A/B test on creative, send time and subject, and there should be an auto-winner functionality with the ability to select the test send variant size and the winner send size. This is basic email service provider tablestakes, a bit gap in the HS email game. 

dani_mypanier

I'm in this camp! I'm surprised this hasn't been implemented already and was confused when I went to run my first A/B test in which I had planned on testing timing. I don't have time to do this manually and would love to know how timing affects open/click rates, revenues, etc. 

diana_dupre

I would love the ability A/B test send times for the same email. We are trying to optimize our emails and send times are a crucial variable. Manually doing this will be limiting and affect our reporting. Please make this feature a priority, 

amanda_fms
Participant

I'm also chiming in to support Send Time AB Test capability. This is a main factor that affects our open rates among our target audience but we need to pinpoint the best times/days to send. Manually testing this across our large contact base in far too time consuming. Why don't we have this option by now?

SilvanaPSI
Participant

I was just trying to find out how I could do A/B test for times/days on hubspot, to realise this feature doesn't exist!

This is quite a basic A/B testing feature in other providers, and it would be VERY useful to have this one in hubspot too. 

GLC
Contributor

Really think this should be prioritised by hubspot.

miesolutions-dj

This should definitely be high on the priority list.

KeithMcG

+1 for this idea. We spend so much time segmenting our audience and being able to test sending times in those segments would be huge. Time of week and time of day are A/B test in themselves.  

CallieGoertz

Yes,this feature is a "must" in the digital marketing world. Manually testing is way too tedious. What's the point of a marketing automation platform when the essential functions like this are not automated?

PKirby

Yes, it's amazing that HubSpot doesn't have this basic feature. It seems in general that HubSpot is very limited in testing ability for email.

BusterPike
Contributor | Diamond Partner

+1

KatieCG

Please make this happen ASAP! 

Nate512

I'd like to see this feature.

Courtney27

Please prioritise making this feature, it would be a huge help.

franklin_nguyen

An idea submitted two years ago and still nothing has been done by HubSpot... 

+1 for this feature