HubSpot Ideas

cmichellec

Ability to A/B test send time for emails

As a newer HubSpot user, it would be beneficial for A/B testing to allow testing the same email for different send times. We are trying to find the best time for regularly sending out emails and the size of our contact lists makes the manual workaround is very tedious. Has anyone found an easier way that cloning emails and splitting a contact list in half?

77 Replies
Cnadler
Participant | Platinum Partner

+1

jaleonard19
HubSpot Product Team

Thanks for your comments on the idea. This isn't planned for development in the next quarter. For transparency and clarity, I'm updating this issue to 'Not currently planned' for the time being. We are investing in bolstering our email testing capabilities starting here. If you are willing to jump on a call to talk more about this functionality, and your specific use cases send me a direct message. I would love to chat more.

We will re-evaluate in the future and we will update this idea if anything changes. Please feel free to upvote and continue to leave feedback on this thread.

markjnorman

Yep definitely need this feature to properly test the best time of day to send email and the best day to send email.

sarahd1228
Member | Partner

As an agency partner, we A/B test every email we send, and we send a LOT of emails. It's maddening to spend time cloning campaigns and manually splitting out the lists and randomizing who goes on which one for every send. Even if it only takes 10 minutes, that's an hour of lost time (that I can't bill for) every 6 deployments (we send an average of about 10/wk). 

This really needs to be adressed by the product team. It's a basic feature that's available on Mailchimp's free version but I can't even do it on our enterprise account. 

jbear

Has anyone found as a way to do this without manual work?

tfelds

Hard to believe this has not been prioritized yet. This would be one of the tests in the 1.0 Handbook of email marketing.

hierarchydavid
Member | Partner

Yes, please implement A/B time testing. This is a must.

griffmcelwee

+1 on this- basic functionality in MailChimp. A must-have for email marketing and a seemingly no brainer for a CRM which has email marketing as a core product offering. 

MerissaS

Any update on this functionality?

JW3
Contributor

+1 Please implement this functionality!

AVChrista
Contributor | Elite Partner

I still think this is a viable suggestion that needs to be implemented.

adaly-idscan

Our company could also benefit from this feature. It is odd that it isn't already offered (especially after 2 years of people requesting it) when it has been offered for years on various other email and CRM software.

Tinde
Participant

Need this feature asap!

JVH1
Contributor

Yes this is a must! Critical to be able to test time of day and day of week?!

AKumar
Participant

It's been 3 years and no actions on this request. It's very important to know the best send time for every marketer. Other CRM provide this option cool option. Request HS developer team to take some action on this request.

AMartin1

Thought I must be doing something wrong when I couldn't find this, seems like a 101 feature. Please get this added.

PKelapure

+1, please add asap! This is absurd. The most basic ESP's A/B testing tools support time of day testing. I can't believe this has been requested for so long and still not prioritized. 

AVChrista
Contributor | Elite Partner

Two years later and I still think this functionality should be offered. 

KTeichmann

Please add A/B tests for send time—such an important feature for marketing emails. 

fraserk

Hi all, we're working on a HubSpot Integration that enables A/B tests for marketing email send time (in addition to some nifty AI scheduling features). Currently working in beta, so would love some feedback so we can get the functionality/user-experience right. Quick example here: https://empushy.com/get-started-with-empushy-and-hubspot.html