HubSpot Ideas

JaclynSchmitz

Ability to A/B Test with Sequences

It would be great to have the ability to easily a/b test with email sequences. Certain emails within the sequence may perform better with variable wording, but there is no easily way to test this. 

125 Replies
alexcomments
Participant

@JPD123 who are you using - we may switch too.

CBoon
Participant
Outreach.io is the best Comms Accelerator (Email Sequences, Power Dialer,
etc.) that I have used over the years. Check out SmartLead.ai as well.
mikeraia
Participant
We're actually using Outreach.io now. It's pretty robust.
JPD123

@alexcomments Outreach.io is pretty awesome. Our SDR lead likes Apollo.io. I've heard good things about that as well. 

CBoon
Participant
I use Apollo to find leads (better than SalesNav) and enrich lead info
(emails, phone, etc). I then push to Hspot for CRM, which then auto pushes
everything to Outreach so I can add leads to sequences, etc.
mikeraia
Participant
So you add them to Hubspot as Non-marketing leads and then push them into Outreach?
JackTrippVestd

HOW DO THEY NOT HAVE THIS YET

ButCanItGoViral
Participant

As a Demand Gen marketer I can say that the SDR channel is one of our top 3 pipeline producing channels in my market. I'd bet this is similar at other B2B companies. This feature request would help SDRs so it's a good business case for Hubspot's product team to present to their executives. Hubspot, you can follow your customers' money and make a high impact if you prioritize this investment.

ButCanItGoViral
Participant

Jack and I are playing good cop bad cop ^

GmidD1

I'm really trying hard to convince the sales team to go with HubSpot Sales Pro instead of Outreach but this is one of those missing features that's making it a tough sell.

lilybond
Contributor

This is a critical functionality that is missing. This makes it extremely difficult to get our sales team engaged as HubSpot users when they've experienced far better sequence tools (like Outreach). 

Cbshipley

+1 Killing us not having this. We came from Outreach.io so this is especially painful

CBoon
Participant
I went back to Outreach.io and abandoned HSpot sequences. There are more
issues with HSpot for sales team beyond just this.
JPD123

@CBoon yes, another big issue for us was the inability to use a dedicated mailserver for our outbound sales emails. You can pay for a dedicated mailserver for marketing emails, but not for sales. 

kendrakeenan

Can this please be added? This feature is crucial for our SDR team using the sales features -- and they are currently looking to switch because of other lacking capabilities

kendrakeenan

This is crucial for SDR performance improvement

Jord

yes please! would love to a/b test here so I don't need to leverage other sales automation tools to gather such insightful prospecting data.

MaxxJoi
Absolutely. Some prospecting tools like Apollo have sequencing
capabilities.
Caitlin_BoxedUp
Participant

A/B testing is a must!

adimarino
HubSpot Product Team

Hi Community, 

Thank you so much for the feedback and perspectives on this post. We understand how critical this feature is to experiment and improve your sequence performance and I am excited to say the ability to A/B test emails in a sequence is currently in progress! 

I'll be in touch with more updates when we're further along and ready for beta testers. Please feel free to reach out with any questions or feedback. 

Best, 

Ana