HubSpot Ideas

Roeleke

A "non form" option in Lead Flows

I would like to add a Lead Flow to my page, but don't want to have my visitors fill in their email addresses. Can you make this optional (even recommended) instead or required?

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
May 24, 2023 07:12 AM

Hi all, so happy to update this idea as "delivered"! HubSpot's new re-imagined CTAs tool including the functionality mentioned in this idea is now out to all Starer+ Marketing Hub and CMS customers. In order to check it out, go to Marketing Hub --> Lead Capture --> CTAs

In Beta
November 03, 2022 04:59 AM

Hi everyone, I’ve some exciting news to share - today we’ve launched a brnad new pop-up builder in HubSpot Marketing Hub and CMS Hub into public beta that will allow you to create a non-form type of pop-up, pop-up that will trigger on button click and much more. If you’re inetersted in checking it out you can DM me or opt yourself in (if you’re Super Admin and in MH or CMSH starter - you’ll find the beta opt in in the existing Pop-up forms editor)

April 19, 2021 07:13 AM

Hi Melissa, many thanks for this, I just sent you a DM.

April 19, 2021 05:23 AM

Hello HubSpot Community,

I’m reaching out to you on this post again as we’re currently looking to build out this functionality beyond the simple solution that we put in place in 2020. I’d be really interested in hearing more about your use cases and generally finding out how you are currently using pop ups and CTAs, what’s working for you and what’s not working. Please DM me if you’re interested in sharing your feedback and jumping on a quick 30 min call with myself and the team.

Best,

Dom

Delivered
January 27, 2020 07:49 AM

Hi all,

Just to update everyone on this thread. The basic solution that allows you to create a simple pop-up without a form is now available in all portals. In order to set it up, go to Forms--> Pop-up form --> Callout step. There, you can choose for the button to link to a page, file download, meeting link etc.

We are planning to start working on a dedicated feature for these pop-ups soon.

Kind regards,

Dom

December 20, 2019 03:19 AM

Hi all, Tom here from the forms team. I just wanted to give everyone insight into what they will see when they are ungated for this as it may be easy to miss. 

When creating a pop-up form, on the "callout" page you will see a new option at the bottom. In here you can select what the form button should link to. If you select any option other than "Form Step" the form options will be disabled and you will be able to directly link the button to your chosen link:

pop-up.png

I would also like to note that we do have to manually ungate customers for this feature. We do this very frequently but please do allow some time to see this feature in your portal. You will not see this immediately and may take up to a week for us to ungate everyone. With the holiday period upon us this will take a longer period of time so please allow for this after submitting the form.

Hope this helps! Thanks everyone for all the feedback! 

In Beta
September 06, 2019 06:47 AM

September 06, 2019 06:46 AM

Hi all,

Again -- thank you so much for your patience with this feature. 

At last, it is now in Beta and if you are interested in participating, please fill out this form and we’ll be in touch with more details next week:

https://share.hsforms.com/1NyNhWt4fRXGJQmG7lWXaeA2hn6i

(Thanks to those who already filled in the form - we have your details and will be contatcing you with more details)

August 26, 2019 11:02 AM

Hi everyone, thanks for all the feedback on this. 

I first want to apologise for the further delay in releasing this new feature. As previously mentioned there was some underlying work which needed to be resolved prior to this being built out. This went on for longer than anticipated and is the reason for this being pushed back beyond the original Q2 planned release date. 

I do want to stress that we do have this forefront of our mind on our roadmap and we are still working on this as a matter of priority. I completely understand the frustration with the delay on this but want to let everyone know that this is not being forgotten about and your feedback is very much heard by the forms team here. 

Our aim for this is to not deliver something underwhelming. We plan on delivering a more fleshed out feature set for pop-ups that’s more than just the current pop-up forms without a form. We have been working towards this but due to other underlying issues and the complexity of this we have missed our previously mentioned release date for this. 

In the meantime, we have started to work on a much quicker solution for customers who wish to simply have Pop-up forms without the forms as initially requested. We hope to have this as an intermediary beta feature within the next 2-4 weeks.

If you are interested in participating in a beta please fill out this form and we’ll be in touch with more details very shortly:

https://share.hsforms.com/1NyNhWt4fRXGJQmG7lWXaeA2hn6i

Again, my sincerest apologies for the delay on both our updates here and the release of this feature. Thank you all again for your patience on this and for continuing to help us build a better product. 

-Dom

May 13, 2019 05:25 AM

Hi HubSpot Community,

Thanks for your further thoughts and comments - I just wanted to say that we really do care about working on what our customers need the most and it's clear that this is really important to you all. I can assure you that we are actively working on this update and I'm sorry that it won't be available as early as I'd originally estimated. The reason for this is that we've had to focus on getting some of the underlying work right before being able to release this.  I'll update this thread again as soon as I have a more tangible timeline. 

May 09, 2019 10:22 AM

Hi HubSpot Community,

Thank you for your continued feedback and apologies for not getting back to this post earlier. I appreciate you sharing your thoughts and I understand this is a request that many users would benefit from. The update that I have at the moment is that we’ve started working on this feature and are still planning to make it available to our customers this year, however at the moment we’re focusing on a few updates to our existing feature set that we need to complete first. While there isn’t a more specific timeline at this time, I will update this thread as soon as I have a more tangible timeline, or any updates at all.

Thanks,

Dom

February 12, 2019 03:08 AM

Hi there,

We're currently in the process of planning the work on this feature and would like to better understand the extact use cases and requirements for this. We'd love to hear your feedback and thoughts around it. Please DM me your details if you're interested in chatting to myself and the team about what you need from this feature - it would involve a quick, 30 min Zoom call with us. 

Re: A "non form" option in Lead Flows - changed to: In Planning
January 15, 2019 08:05 AM

Hi all, 

I'm Dom, PM on the Forms team. First off, my apologies for previously not giving this post the attention it needs. I'd like to confirm that having chatted extensively about this idea on the team we've now decided to add it to our roadmap. We’re going to start working on allowing our customers to set up a pop-up without a form shortly, and aiming to have this available for Q2.

January 09, 2019 01:33 AM

Hi everyone, thanks for all the feedback on this! I want to say we are in absolutely no way dismissing this or the demand for this. Obviously our users are the most important aspect considered when updating our software so your feedback is always taken on board and the most important consideration made to any product updates. 

I want to stress that this is "currently not planned" and in no way a "won't do". We are leaning in to unifying forms experiences across the tools and improving conversion optimisation options on our current roadmap. This request will stay on our radar and is definitely something we are still considering. Where this tool lives and how this functionality will live within HubSpot is something that is currently is discussion, but for the moment this update to the pop-up forms is not currently in planning. This will stay opened to upvote and comment on as monitoring the demand for this is important to us and we will post here if we have any further updates to this and if we begin planning stages on a tool to provide a pop-up CTA only modal.  

Re: A "non form" option in Lead Flows - changed to: Not Currently Planned
January 08, 2019 03:19 AM

We've recently renamed Lead Flows to "Pop-Up forms" as part of a greater unification of HubSpot's forms tools. We're focusing on form and optimisation features for this tool with our current roadmap. As a "Non-Form" option wouldn't fit into a "Pop-Up Form" tool, we do not have any current plans to allow the removal of forms from this. We may explore a feature like this within another tool in the future but currently have no plans to implement this. 

Idea Submitted
September 20, 2017 09:07 AM

Needs Detail
April 04, 2017 04:26 AM

@Roeleke, thanks for the feedback and the idea! Can I ask the use case for the above request? From what I understand, if the Form aspect is removed, you basically have a CTA. You can create a slide in CTA for your COS pages using some of your resources here.

UPDATE: The product manager of this team has posted an update to this feature request, click here for details: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/A-quot-non-form-quot-option-in-Lead-Flows/idc-p/245893/highlight/true#M27845

159 Replies
Giuseppe
Contributor

I have the same issue and would really love to have a solution

vishnu
HubSpot Product Team

@Roeleke, thanks for the feedback and the idea! Can I ask the use case for the above request? From what I understand, if the Form aspect is removed, you basically have a CTA. You can create a slide in CTA for your COS pages using some of your resources here.

UPDATE: The product manager of this team has posted an update to this feature request, click here for details: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/A-quot-non-form-quot-option-in-Lead-Flows/idc-p/24589...

Giuseppe
Contributor

@vishnu I would like for instance to have the slide but be able to redirect visitors directly to my subscription page where they can fill in more details other than simply the email address. I have noted in fact that using the Lead Flow allows me just to ask email, name, surname but not to add more questions (job, company size and the like). So I thought that something like the following could be more effective:

1. the slide appears with a question like 'Do you wish to subscribe to our Blog';

2. by clicking on it the visitor is automatically redirected to my subscription page without the need to insert firstly their email address.

The reason is as follows: what I have done so far is that the visitor inserts their email address and the thank you message says "Confirm your subscription" which is an hyperlink to my subscription page, but I have noted that several visitors do not click on 'Confirm your subscription'.

Any suggestion?

Babel_Gem
Contributor | Elite Partner

I agree this would be a valuable additional feature for lead flows, and actually something which HubSpot seem to already use?

Essentially, a lead flow but when they click on the button instead of a form appearing, they are redirected to another page. I think this could be great for helping to influence the movement of traffic throughout a site.

Example - if someone has spent some time reading a product page, a lead flow which directs them to a relevant blog that gives some more indepth detail?

lhardy
Participant

This would be a helpful feature for us as well to help promote content from certain highly traveled pages (ie, home page). You don't always want to gate everything but still wish to promote it.

Diego

+1, this would be very helpful.

HaokunWang
Participant

Yes! This is something I'm hoping for.

I agree with Babel_Gem, "when they click on the button instead of a form appearing, they are redirected to another page."

traceyoyuela

@Babel_Gem, I agree. 

Instead of having to code within the home page, would love to be able to redirect prospects to different pages with the lead flows. Having the form fill be optional would also be good. 

Thanks! 

mickmcg
Participant

I really need this too.

Seems very similar to https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Lead-Flows-redirect/idc-p/22136#M4235 which I've also upvoted. Maybe votes for these need to be combined.

jmpimental
Participant

Yes, I am also looking for this! I would like the option to promote trade shows/events with a notification bar. I don't need to capture their information at this point — I just want to redirect people to our events page.

roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

callumchester

This would be very, very useful to me. Essentially a static image / link pop up that can link through to any page of my choosing. 

Should be easy to create? Since the existing lead flow functionality is way more complicated? 

Anna_Duin

Lead flows would be so much better if they didn't require a form. It's redundant when half of the time I just want to use them as a popup CTA that redirects to a content offer. I don't want to make people fill out a form twice. 

Annie_B

Agreed. We have a GoToWebinar integration on our webinar forms that I need in order to collect the registrants info and send the follow-ups through GoToWebinar. This works great on normal forms but it doesn't work at all on lead flow forms. Ideally, we'd just want to display a link on the lead flow to the webinar landing page so GoToWebinar isn't affected. 

joshspilker

This article is very confusing. I thought slide-ins could be accomplished with CTAs, but apparently they're just lead flows? https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/how-to-add-a-slide-in-call-to-action-to-your-blog-posts

hangran12

Yes, same here to pretty much everything said above. This feature would be incredibly useful. Sometimes you don't want to gate everything.

nicknem
Participant

Would be really great to have this and not have to use other opt-in tools!

UX_GUY

@Hubspot  where are we with this idea / issue?

We are using hubspot on our company website and I regualrly need to create popups or slide ins with a nice image, some info and a CTA which will take users to another page on my site.  This is to push users to certain pages on our site.

Currently I am having to create a custom popup on our site and put a hubspot CTA inside that popup... which is resource intensive.. especially when I see how much money we are paying for your service.

A clear and easy way of creating these popups without the need for adding a form, like in the leadflow section please!

trevorhatfield
Participant | Diamond Partner

This would be similar to what Unbounce has recently added called Popups and Sticky Bars.

https://documentation.unbounce.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003741046-Working-With-Sticky-Bars

Same concept and the use case is obviously there for many people. Seems like a no brainer and relatively simple addition to the lead flows that already exist. Just no form option.

It would also be nice to have sticky header and footer bars as an option.

willcomexplorer

Looking for this as well. That would be great to promote a form without email to do survey for example. Or simply link the CTA to another page.