HubSpot Ideas

HarryCybSafe

A Workflow Mapping Workflow (If that makes sense)

My idea is a workflow that maps out all of my current workflows so that I have visibility of where each workflow interacts with others and I don't create ones that affect others/can create better automation going forward. 

I think this kind of thing would allow more visibility, and future proof our Hubspot. 

This feature would be for whoever manages the workflows and any future employees who take over this role. I think this would make automation easier and would allow creating some more in-depth actions.

This feature could be found in a basic workflow tool, however, this requires much more time and effort to do this.

14 Replies
NicoleSengers
Guide | Elite Partner

I would love to be able to visually see how all my workflows interact within hubspot - we currently map this outside of hubspot. I know Clickfunnels can do this and some of our customers who migrated have asked for it.

interr0bangr
Participant | Elite Partner

This is becoming more and more of a problem for us as we have hundreds of workflows and emails and it gets very difficult to see what is going where.  Would love a visual workflow mapping tool that would lay it all out for us instead of having to manually doccument it outside of Hubspot.

alxgal

What do you guys use to document the worklows as of now? I've been looking into doing the same but haven't found an appropriate method for visualization.

I feel like we'd need some sort of "requirements" as in properties that a workflow needs to function (so enrollment triggers really) but also be able to see the output of a workflow in that documentation.

I'm not asking for a tool to do it but rather the concept of how you visualize this 🙂

Thanks in advance!

TroyDean
Participant

This would be amazing. Active Campaign recently released theirs. We currently use Whimsical to do this.

Would be great to be able to do this in Hubspot.

hannahenright
Member | Platinum Partner

This is a great idea! There is no way to tell how existing workflows interact with each other which can make it hard to map out future workflows (you don't know what you have already, and what you're missing). To map anything out currently, you need to do this manually and with the use another platform or something like a Google doc.

Like what we have with the topic cluster feature, it would be awesome if there was a tool where we could cluster and branch out workflows that are related to each other.

ArielYuFromTWN

need it very very much. 😊

Thank you~

ElBr
Participant

I really need something like this. We have plenty of workflows that triggers for different reasons. Now I'm lost and very unsure what triggers where and when. It takes me ages to go through them and trying to connect where everything is going. 

ArielYuFromTWN
Yes, I agreed! This is very needed. 😊
LFriedman

Absolutely need this.

Ife

Yes- this is needed. This would help so much with visibility and understanding how interconnected workflows are. Would be incredibly helpful. I'm shocked this doesn't exist.

EMangrum4
Participant

This is ABSOLUTELY needed. I have thrown together a very rough flowchart in Slides but it is not all encompassing and I still have gaps in knowing which workflows are pre-requisites for others. The person who created all of them is gone and I have no way of easily understanding the big picture.

HaVdb
Contributor

Yes please!! We have such a complex amount of workflows and it's getting really tricky to properly see which workflows impact others. Especially the cascading effect of 1 change in 1 workflow on other workflows in the first & second line (if that makes sense :p)

MMurra

The team at my company handles multiple workflows for multiple touch points for multiple programs/products. It can get confusing, and it is so hard not to go overboard with the email automation, which would result in a client being bombarded with emails. If there is a way to visualize the workflows, it would be soooo helpful.

RJSarich

Please please please! This would be unbelievably useful in many ways. Don't get me wrong, I love Figma and documenting flows, but this would save so much time!