HubSpot Ideas

karl

A/B tests on translated pages

It would be really nice If I could use HubSpots A/B testing functionality on my translated landing pages. Right now I can't run any because all of my pages are in 2 languages.

Mises à jour HubSpot
Statut mis à jour : Delivered
March 09, 2020 10:05 AM

As of today, multi-language page testing is available to all eligible portals! Thank you to everyone here for commenting on this post and sharing your feedback Smiley heureux

(Eligible portals are those with Marketing Hub Professional or Enterprise, or those with the standalone CMS add-on.)

Statut mis à jour : In Beta
February 04, 2020 01:50 PM

Update: We're now in the process of rolling out multi-language page testing to existing customers! I expect all customers will have access to this feature by the end of February, 2020. 

Statut mis à jour : In Planning
July 09, 2019 09:09 AM

33 Commentaires
ihuang
Membre

An important feature to have for a multinational company like us who are also constantly testing the page performance  

xplacesc
Membre

Yes, this is a must feature. If I know this in advance maybe I would wait to use translated landing pages. Is this something we can expect in the product soon?

MSi
Participant

Same here! We need A/B-Tests for translated Landingspages. Is Hubspot already working on it?

Jonas_Paymash
Participant

Same here! We need this feature as well. Most companies use the multilingual function therefore A/B testing would be very helpful. Any news concerning this feature?

tobiaspasma
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Diamond

This is a must for pretty much every international company.

chieldeleeuw
Membre

Definitely need this. 

ndwilliams3
Conseiller clé

just trying to figure this out. Couldn't find anything in docs about it. Definately an issue!

MichaelKroener
Participant

Definetly a must have feature. Too bad, that two HubSpot features block each other. 

lodewijkh
Membre

Must have! Ran into the same problem.

Falzo
Participant

+1

translations blocking the A/B tests sadly is a real blocker

Szed
Participant

+1 ... 
I realized we can't A/B test on translated page after finishing my website. 

That's more than a real blocker Hubspot, please deliver that asap 😕

MaxMey
Membre

+1 same for me. Need this feature

emelie
Contributeur | Partenaire solutions Platinum

I have the same problem..very annoying. Almost all our pages are translated so I can't A/B testing.

Falzo
Participant

just to follow up on this topic:

we decided to value AB testing over the translation groups so run into the problem of how to split the translation groups again. of course one could clone the pages out of it, but that will make you lose all statistics and the language setting itself.

instead you might want to clone the master page into a new draft, after that change the master for the translated page to this draft and then only delete the master draft.

e.g. you have an english master with a german translation, clone the english page, go to the german and select 'create translation' from the menu but choose 'choose new master' which then should be set to the cloned draft. after this is done delete only that draft and you should end up with a single english page and a single german one, keeping the language setting, defined URLs and statistics.

no warranties, use at your own risk 😛

keep in mind the standard language switcher most likely will not work without translation groups. we use a custom module for that anyway, picking the correct language URLs via javascript.

of course it would be much more preferable if there would be an easy way to ungroup translations and maybe even set a different language for a page without having it into any translation group thing.

CarolineFortma
Participant

I´m honestly a little surprised and shocked about that...

...how does Hubspot handle this? They are international and are using the translation – at least that's what it looks like for the user? 

BirgitEASY
Membre

yes, we do need too!

Käthe
Membre

Definitely need this. 

Adesignl
Contributeur de premier rang | Partenaire solutions

I ran a A/B Test and after I selected the winner I can not access my translated versions any more. NOR can I make the winner a translated page. This is extreemly frustraiting. If these two functionalities dont work together please at least prevent them from being used together as to not break functionality.

shelby_visibly
Membre

+1 

This is a huge issue for us. Having to choose between our international customers having access to our website and being able to optimize our website for a better user experience shouldn't be a decision we need to make. I honestly think this will affect our renewal decision of hosting our website through Hubspot in the future if a solution isn't at least in the future product roadmap with Hubspot. 

Has anyone tried/found an A/B platform integration into Hubspot that may be a workaround? 

aurelienb
Membre

Definitely need this too.