HubSpot Ideas

AdamZen

A/B testing

A/B testing is fundamental to marketing!! HubSpot should have A/B functionality on ALL pages: blog, landing and web pages. Currently only available for website pages. Does anyone know a workaround?

11 Replies
Snaedis
HubSpot Product Team

Hi AdamZen!

A/B testing is available on both Website pages and Landing pages, but not Blog posts. It's an interesting suggestion and I'd like to hear more about your use case. What sort of conversion are you wanting to see on your blog posts which would not be better on a landing page, for example?

Blog posts are generally used to easily create content that can be used to bring visitors (new and returning) to your site for informative/educational content. Of course, there are opportunities from there for conversions (commonly a CTA {which you can also test} or a Subscribe form), but it's not usually the main focus of the blog post itself. 

I'm marking this as "not currently planned" because we have some other highly requested features we're trying to fit into the roadmap, but this is certainly something we could come back to. 

I look forward to hearing more from you about your use case!

- Snaedis 

TextioJohn
Participant

@Snaedis This is important to my company primarily for headline testing. We see huge engagement differences across blog titles (especially clicks in our blog newsletter), and it would be extremely valuable to systematically experiment with blog titles to learn and reuse what performs best.

Petter
Contributor | Elite Partner

@Snaedis It would be great to A/B test headlines, as @TextioJohn mentions, but also test different placements of CTA:s on the page, different images etc. 

Hoping to see this feature in the future 🙂 

JonesTom84

100% would love to see A/B testing implemented for blogging. 

Yes, blogs bring traffic and can be educational/information but we want to be able to maximise their efficiency for retaining and converting visitors. A headline A/B test would be a great start to allow marketers the right to squeeze more out of HubSpot hosted blogs. 

sambhav16
Participant

We have forms on our blog posts that lead to conversion where the form capturing the information is embedded on the blog post itself - meaning that the goal is not to get them to sign up for a newsletter or to get them to click a CTA to go to another page. 

stephane
Contributor

100% need this

ZYiu

need this as well. Blog posts nowadays can be just another landing page in terms of functionality. There are features developed by internal dev on HubSpot blog posts that we need A/B test to test water and track performance.

JoeDisruptor

Below is a screenshot from the Hubspot blog. In the middle of the post is a CTA to download a template. Designed to convert visitors into leads. Now imagine if you could optimize this CTA so that even more blog visitors converted into leads by changing the text or placement.

This is why A/B testing on blogs is an important feature. 

JoeDisruptor_0-1646136320478.png

a_schumacher
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all-- my name is Amanda, and I am a product manager for HubSpot CMS. I wanted to give an update since it's been awhile since someone from HS Product responded on this thread. As of right now, we don't have plans in 2022 to add A/B testing for blog posts; however, this is a request we are considering for 2023. We are watching and listening to your feedback and will keep you updated if any of those plans change! 

SarahOps
Contributor

A/B Testing on blog posts (e.g featured images) would be a great addition to HubSpot CMS. 

EStratton
Contributor

I'd love A/B Testing on our blog posts as well. Testing featured images, headlines and, really, as much as possible would really help me optimize our posts.