HubSpot Ideas

arinker

A/B testing for multilingual Pages

**For customers with multilingual sites it's a must to allow a/b testing for pages with translations.**

The actual solution recommended by the HubSpot support is an evil hack around that undermines all developers efforts to provide easy to use multilingual solutions.

"The A /B test is attached to the "standard" language, in your case EN, not to both languages. If you want to run both languages as an A / B test, you need to create separate landing pages, one for EN and one for DE. I would suggest that I have an idea in the Idea forum to create what a feature will be available in the future. For such an idea to be implemented."

So please go for it and make it happen asap!

Thanks,

Arno

12 Commentaires
Szed
Participant

I just saw that too.

How can such a big feature just be disables for multilanguage website...

Please, implement it ASAP.

Szed
Participant

+1 ... 
I realized we can't A/B test on translated page after finishing my website. 

That's more than a real blocker Hubspot, please implement that ASAP.

There is no gain to have the website on Hubspot if we can't use the A/B testing tools 😕

soppenheimer
Participant

It is also not currently not possible to add additional language translations once an A/B test has been created for a landing page. It would be a good function for the customers to have the functionality to add additional languages after an A/B test has run.

Cyrfescia
Membre

+1

hjelmqwist
Participant | Partenaire solutions Elite

+1
This is crucial for Launchpad sites and the Growth Driven Design process. We have several clients on a GDD-retainer with multi-lang pages where it can create a stand-still sometimes and a lot of work-arounds.

A reply from the support I got in May 2019:

Screenshot 2019-05-24 at 11.54.41.png

fabianj
Contributeur

There are more issues to this, which even block workarounds to the issue original:

• I cannot create a translation of a page that has an A/B test, even if the test has been stopped months ago!
  • I cannot create a page that is "German only" if my main portal language is set to "Italian"
  • I cannot substitute the Language-Version of a page with another page that was created in the same language (instead I will have to create nasty redirects and go into risky SEO activities)

I found a way that is a bit insane but will do the Job and deliver a specific page in a language that is not the main portal language. It goes like this:

1. Create a new page
  2. Create a translation of that page in the language you want
  3. Only publish the translation version of the page

Of course this is BS, but at least you will have a page in the Language you whish and can point to it from other pages.

PS: another impossibility is that I cannot implement a German Support-Chat on the German Page and an Italian Support-Chat on the Italian page... might be the reason for us to quit btw. 

Statut mis à jour : In Planning
Snaedis
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

Statut mis à jour : In Planning
Snaedis

Hello everyone,

My team has been working on this update for a while now and it will soon be available for beta, with a full rollout expected shortly after. 

If you'd like to get access to the multi-language page testing beta, please email me at svalsdottir@hubspot.com

- Snaedis 

Snaedis Valsdottir

Product Manager, CMS Publishing

Statut mis à jour : In Beta
Snaedis

Update: We're now in the process of rolling out multi-language page testing to existing customers! I expect all customers will have access to this feature by the end of February, 2020. 

martasznajder
Membre

Hi, 

Is there any update about A/B testing for multilingual Pages? What is an ETA of this function for the rest of the customers? 

Statut mis à jour : In Beta
Snaedis

Update: We're still in the process of rolling this feature out. We had some technical issues which delayed our original timeline slightly, but all is now resolved and I expect all portals (Marketing Professional & Enterprise) will have multi-language page testing in mid-March 2020. 

Thank you all for your patience as we continue to work on this! 

Statut mis à jour : Delivered
Snaedis

Multi-language page testing is now available for all Marketing Professional, Marketing Enterprise, and CMS add-on portals!