HubSpot Ideas

SamanthaA

A/B test a chatflow (bot)

It would be an extremely helpful feature to have the ability to A/B test a bot. This could be a functionality added in the "Target" section of the bot editor. The option should allow the option to, based on the other targeting display rules, just show the bot to a certain percentage of visitors who navigate to the page, such as 50%. This way, we could have a straightforward way of testing the impact a bot has on conversion rates, for example. 

12 Replies
johnmcbridecalm

Yes, this is an idea I emailed into Hubspot support about! Adding a chatbot is a significant change to your customer experience and it's important that you can use A/B tests to measure how it impacts conversion metrics. 

erica11
Top Contributor

This would be great to be able to test this out!

IXodos

great idea

The_Marketer

+1
I'd like to have an A/B action in the chatflow otherwise it's very tricky to optimize the bot.

cquattlebaum

+1

We definitely need a/b testing ability in the chatflow in order to optimize messaging and improve engagement.

AAndrews4

Agreed - this would be really helpful.

ÁllyaSampaio

Agreed.

TheMattZelasko
Participant | Diamond Partner

Agreed. We have several clients that could use this feature. 

lnglkcpx
Participant

Any possibility of this happening?

JHarris9

We are currently using Drift and this feature is one of the reasons our team refuses to migrate to HubSpot's chat. If we could get this feature and some better conversation routing rules it would be great.

AlGraziano

Bumping this idea again. This feature would be very helpful for my clients.

lnglkcpx
Participant

We use Drift and have significant internal interest in switching over. This feature is one of the reasons we haven't yet.

Happy to assist with spec'ing out the requirement!