HubSpot Ideas

lindseycoppens

A/B Test Navigation

Would love to be able to A/B test navigation across all pages. Navigation is an integral part of a website and being able to test a restructure, redesign, or rewording could be very beneficial in learning how visitors flow through the site.

Currently, you could set up an A/B test on a single page but visiting a different page would change the navigation, which I feel is confusing from a UX standpoint and wouldn't give enough actionable data. You could also set up an A/B on every page but there would be no guarantee the user would see the same navigation across all pages, which would be even more confusing. So, as it stands, you just have to go in blind and hope for the best.

5 Replies
Joschi
Member | Platinum Partner

I think that is a great idea, just wanted to A/B test a navigation item as well. Would be really helpful to have this feature!

turnepf1

I was just looking for this feature. Did anything ever get implemented? 

Fy

since menu testing is incredibally difficult, an AB Testing would be super helpful. Cant wait for updates on this one.

Christo
Contributor

I'd love to see it too. With my experience about these ideas is that it will likely never happen, just like many others I have seen. Not sure why I even bother. 

EYount
Contributor | Platinum Partner

I'm surprised this function has not yet been added. This would be incredibly helpful data to know what small changes have big impacts in the navigation, especially when it comes to how a menu item is worded.

We need a/b testing available on navigation / footer / global modules!