HubSpot Ideas

lmiller

404 report

I need to know what pages are redirecting to the 404 page easily!  Hubspot please add this capability!

HubSpot Updates
Being Reviewed
June 15, 2021 09:34 AM

Hi everyone! My name is Amanda and I am the Product Manager for our SEO tools. My team now has a beta available for a recommendation within our SEO Recommendations Home tool that I believe may partially help with this issue Our beta identifies broken internal links on your pages for the domain(s) that we scan. The scope of this initial beta will be listing broken internal links (links with the same domain as the domain that you scanned in the SEO tool that lead to a 404 page), but we do want to add a check for broken external links in the next few months. 

If you are interested in getting beta access to the broken internal links optimization for SEO recommendations home, send me a private message with your name, HubSpot portal ID for a portal with Marketing Hub Pro+ or CMS Pro+, and your email address! 

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

This would be super helpful! Right now we can only stumble upon this information by way of someone's timeline who has viewed the 404 page or looking at external audit reports.

shatton
Participant

This is my biggest regret for migrating my site to Hubspot... the lack of this feature. 😞

lmiller

Agreed. It seems like a very simple and standard need.

shatton
Participant

Dear Hubspot,

I JUST WANT TO FIX THE 404 ERRORS. I put a CTA button on our 404 page and 3% of all traffic see a 404 error .. that is 1 out of 30 visitors. I don't know who these people are but it bugs me like crazy.

- I would love to see what url strings are delvivering 404 errors

- I would love to be able to quickly pull up the URL dialogue box from that report and fix them.

Rgonzalez1
Contributor | Diamond Partner

There are plugins with wordpress. We need something like this for hubspot. We just migrated a client with 45 active pages and 600 blog posts. We are archiving some of the blog posts but need to easily track pages redirecting to 404 in order to put in redirects etc. 

timneighbors
Participant | Elite Partner

We utilize Google Analytics and run a Page Report with a Secondary Dimension of Page Title...and then filter Page Title by "(not set)".... Hubspot leaves the Page Title blank on 404 pages and this seems to work pretty well for us.  We do filter out the search results pages and occasionally have to add some additional filters for anomalies, but it overall, this gets the job done for us.

Google-Analytics-Filters-For-404-Report.png

Rgonzalez1
Contributor | Diamond Partner

thank you @timneighbors 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@timneighbors I've setup a Page report with your recommendation (thank you) of using a secondary dimension for page title (not set) and find that ours is filled with search page results and pages that have an intent specified, like displaying a specific element on the page upon load. I have yet to find any that are 404, so I don't know whether this is effective or not - I still think a native report in HubSpot would greatly simplify this, especially since they have the data populating in the contact record already...

a_schumacher
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone! My name is Amanda and I am the Product Manager for our SEO tools. My team now has a beta available for a recommendation within our SEO Recommendations Home tool that I believe may partially help with this issue Our beta identifies broken internal links on your pages for the domain(s) that we scan. The scope of this initial beta will be listing broken internal links (links with the same domain as the domain that you scanned in the SEO tool that lead to a 404 page), but we do want to add a check for broken external links in the next few months. 

If you are interested in getting beta access to the broken internal links optimization for SEO recommendations home, send me a private message with your name, HubSpot portal ID for a portal with Marketing Hub Pro+ or CMS Pro+, and your email address! 

moconno7

+1 it is hard to determine what is leading to our 404 error pages without a tool to track them. 

CAmmann
Participant

I don't understand why Hubspot is not at least offering the same source stats as for any other page. So at least one would know where to focus. We migrated a few months ago and, unfortunately, have a pretty stable amount of 404. Why isn't it possible to save the URL strings that prompt a 404?

Thank you, Christoph