HubSpot Ideas

jdougherty

404 Error Alerts - Get Notified of Potentially Broken Links

For anyone trying to update older blog content, it'd be helpful to have alerts notifying you of potential 404 errors as a result of updating your page's SEO and URL. This is offered as a free plug-in on other domains and can: 

• You can redirect errors to any existing page or custom link (globally).
  • You can set custom redirect for each 404 path
  • You can optionally monitor/log all errors.
  • Exclude paths from errors.
  • You can optionally enable email notification on all 404 errors.
  • You can choose which redirect method to be used (301,302,307).
  • Will not irritate your visitors if they land on a non-existing page/url.
  • Increase your SEO by telling Google that all 404 pages are moved to some other page.

Create a plug-in like the 404 to 301 plugin available on Wordpress. 

https://wordpress.org/plugins/404-to-301/

HubSpot-Updates
Re: 404 Error Alerts - Get Notified of Potentially Broken Links
March 10, 2023 06:18 AM

Another update here-- the broken external links recommendation is now live to all! 

Re: 404 Error Alerts - Get Notified of Potentially Broken Links
January 31, 2023 01:47 PM

Hi all! I wanted to let you know that we now have the check for broken external links in beta. It has been rolled out to 10% of customers. If youare interested in getting early access, please send me a private message with the Hub ID of the portal you would like ungated. Once ungated, you will need to rescan your domain for the new recommendation to show up under "User experience"

Status aktualisiert zu: Delivered
August 12, 2021 07:53 AM

My team created a new recommendation within our SEO Recommendations Home tool that will identify broken internal links on your pages for the domain(s) that we scan. This recommendation is now live to all portals, but you will have to click "Rescan" on your domain of interest to see updated information on broken internal links on your site pages.

The scope of this recommendation is listing broken internal links (links with the same domain as the domain that you scanned in the tool), but we do want to add a check for broken external links in the next few months. 

Status aktualisiert zu: In Beta
June 15, 2021 08:55 AM

Our new optimization for the SEO Recommendations Home tool that will identify broken internal links on your pages for the domain(s) that we scan is now in beta. Please see my previous comment on this post for information about the scope of this beta.

If you are interested in getting access to the broken internal links optimization, please message me with your name, HubSpot portal ID for a portal with Marketing Hub Pro+ or CMS Pro+, and your email address! 

Status aktualisiert zu: In Planning
June 11, 2021 09:38 AM

Hi all- thank you so much for your feedback on this. My name is Amanda and I am the Product Manager for our SEO and content strategy tools. My team is almost finished building an optimization for our SEO Recommendations Home tool that will identify broken internal links on your pages for the domain(s) that we scan. The scope of this initial beta will be listing broken internal links (links with the same domain as the domain that you scanned in the tool), but we do want to add a check for broken external links in the next few months. This recommendation will link to each unique broken internal link on a given page, but it will not have a link to the URL redirect tool (I love that idea, though)

If you are interested in getting beta access to the broken internal links optimization for SEO recommendations home when it is available (likely sometime next week), send me a private message with your name, HubSpot portal ID for a portal with Marketing Hub Pro+ or CMS Pro+, and your email address! 

7 Kommentare
shatton
Teilnehmer/-in

Please Hubspot. Please. Make this available. I'm getting direct traffic to my 404 page, but have no idea where they are trying to come from.

Status aktualisiert zu: In Planning
a_schumacher
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi all- thank you so much for your feedback on this. My name is Amanda and I am the Product Manager for our SEO and content strategy tools. My team is almost finished building an optimization for our SEO Recommendations Home tool that will identify broken internal links on your pages for the domain(s) that we scan. The scope of this initial beta will be listing broken internal links (links with the same domain as the domain that you scanned in the tool), but we do want to add a check for broken external links in the next few months. This recommendation will link to each unique broken internal link on a given page, but it will not have a link to the URL redirect tool (I love that idea, though)

If you are interested in getting beta access to the broken internal links optimization for SEO recommendations home when it is available (likely sometime next week), send me a private message with your name, HubSpot portal ID for a portal with Marketing Hub Pro+ or CMS Pro+, and your email address! 

Status aktualisiert zu: In Beta
a_schumacher
HubSpot-Produktteam

Our new optimization for the SEO Recommendations Home tool that will identify broken internal links on your pages for the domain(s) that we scan is now in beta. Please see my previous comment on this post for information about the scope of this beta.

If you are interested in getting access to the broken internal links optimization, please message me with your name, HubSpot portal ID for a portal with Marketing Hub Pro+ or CMS Pro+, and your email address! 

Status aktualisiert zu: Delivered
a_schumacher
HubSpot-Produktteam

My team created a new recommendation within our SEO Recommendations Home tool that will identify broken internal links on your pages for the domain(s) that we scan. This recommendation is now live to all portals, but you will have to click "Rescan" on your domain of interest to see updated information on broken internal links on your site pages.

The scope of this recommendation is listing broken internal links (links with the same domain as the domain that you scanned in the tool), but we do want to add a check for broken external links in the next few months. 

BryonyBell
Mitglied

Hi @a_schumacher, is there any progress on the checks for external broken links? We've just moved our site to HubSpot and are surprised that this functionality isn't offered - do you have any updates or suggested solutions in the meantime? Thanks 

a_schumacher
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi all! I wanted to let you know that we now have the check for broken external links in beta. It has been rolled out to 10% of customers. If youare interested in getting early access, please send me a private message with the Hub ID of the portal you would like ungated. Once ungated, you will need to rescan your domain for the new recommendation to show up under "User experience"

a_schumacher
HubSpot-Produktteam

Another update here-- the broken external links recommendation is now live to all!