HubSpot Ideas

MLarson-TWG

100% Discount Code in Hubspot Payments

Currently, discount codes only go up to 99%.  When a client wants to be invoiced but we still need them to complete the registration process, a 100% discount code is needed.  This seems like an easy thing to fix.

21 Replies
JaKalfayan
Participant

This would also give me the ability to test the payment workflow from end to end without having to spend actual money when testing the payments workflow. It also allows me to test and setup automations before posting the payment link to my site. Lastly, there are lots of scenarios where a discount of 100% is necessary. The lack of this feature is pretty absurd. 

CMcComb

Hello I had this request as well and was told " suggest on your end is to create a community idea post such that once it gains enough traction from other users, it puts up a better case for our internal team to review this."  100% discount or a monetary discount that makes a item free is COMMON.  this is a design flaw

Yupvoted
HubSpot Employee

This needs to be included especially as a marketing tactic, we want to encourage signups by having them free access a paid product/item. Please look into including this onto the product roadmap. 

jonchim
Guide | Diamond Partner

100% need this for free event registrations

CGREENE

Absolutely needed....such a frustrating miss. We have two situations in which this would be helpful:

• paid public events that are free to our employees
  • agencies who would want to pay in bulk for registration, so we bill on the back end but their employees can go through registration to share with us their personal details
calliehardin
Participant

Definitely needed!

tharper77

ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY!

SMWine

I agree with @JaKalfayan that this is tremendously necessary. Being able to run tests on pricing automation would be incredibly useful as we integrate HubSpot into our agency's events. It really is a huge oversight that this isn't currently an option, and I'd love to see this suggestion gain enough traction for the internal team to implement it. This suggestion would also help with making HubSpot our "one-stop shop" for events, which is something that we've been looking for in a CRM. Most other sites already have this feature (e.g. Constant Contact), and while the integrations for those sites are great, being able to be fully supported through HubSpot itself would be awesome.

CMcComb
There are many standard ecommerce features missing from Hubspot -
especially for the outrageous prices they charge for enterprise licenses.
100% discount is just one example. Payment plans, quantity discounts,
multiple discounts, etc
Jenny26
Top Contributor

Yes, please. We offer training events in our speciality. When a client wants to attend, we need that ability to comp their ticket.

KDunlop2

Agreed that this would be a massively helpful feature for anyone uses HubSpot for event registration. We have a use case where we offer courses that typically cost money but can in some circumstances be comped. Because HubSpot currently lacks this 100% discount feature, we have a tedious workaround where we have two separate landing pages depending on if the registrant is paying, with only one being attached to a payment. Additionally, from an admin perspective, not being able to test a payment/automation by using a 100% discount seems like a design flaw. Very invested in seeing this functionality be built, as it would prevent a lot of headaches.

PEvans405
Member | Elite Partner

Adding on to what everyone else is saying. I've had many clients express frustration that the percent discount is capped at 99%. Making this a full 100% discount seems like an easy update. Has anyone found any workarounds yet?

HReeves

We offer a trial period to our customers (it is an annual membership). This would allow us to get subscriptions active, and then charge their first fee at the trial lapse. We are currently having to charge $1 for the trial to meet the payment subscription needs.

We are also in the process of converting over to HS payments and I think this could help us greatly in our efforts to convert a large number of pre-existing subscriptions we have with our prior processor while offering minimal lmpact to the customer.

i.e. creating the subscription with 100% discount and setting the next billing date to match their current renewal date

CTA9
Contributor

It shouldn't be a tough thing to do. Offering 100% discount should be allowed. And for now, a notification should be added at the discount tool about this limitation.

JLevash

This is a basic functionality that multiple people have outlined the rationale as to why this needs to be a feature. 

Unfortunately, we will need to use a different method to collect form registration forms and payments that allow for 100% discounting, and HubSpot will be losing out on all payment revenue from nondiscounted payments due to their intentional programming of this feature.

I also agree that there needs to be greater disclosure of this limitation outside of a FAQ on payments.

MyronQ
HubSpot Employee

upvoting on behalf of a customer who could really use this functionality!

BResolutions

Hubspot probably will not allow this because they want their cut. A cut of $0 is $0

SMWine

@BResolutions with the amount that we pay them annually, you'd think they'd be willing to budge a little on this. They're still getting their bank, but should throw us a bone every now and then too

BNunan

Wow - I just had this argument with tech support. I can't believe this restriction is still in place 18 months after this thread was started. Its a totally stupd, arbitary restriction. 

CMATZ

100% would benefit from this feature. Pretty much all ecomm platforms allow 100% discounts. 99% discount is absurd!