HubSpot Admins HUG

DAnaGuiloff
Top Contributor | Partner
Top Contributor | Partner

[Recording] NetSuite & Dynamics Integrations Deep Dive

On March 2, 2023, Winnie Hien (Product Manager, Microsoft Dynamics And Netsuite @ HubSpot) & Frans Leys (Product Manager, Data Sync Apps @ HubSpot) took us deep into how these integrations work and how you can get the most value out of them.

HubSpot's integrations with NetSuite and Microsoft Dynamics are newer than some of our enterprise CRM & ERP integrations, but that doesn't mean they're any less robust. Whether you're a longtime user wanting to make sure you have your integration configured in the best possible way or you've never used these integrations and just want to know what they're capable of, join Frans and Winnie as they answer all your questions.

7 Replies 7
A_ERPBridge
Contributor | Platinum Partner
Contributor | Platinum Partner

I'd like to thank Winnie and Fran. This is interesting, even coming from me that works for ERP Bridge, a on-premises to HubSpot only integrator.

It's good to see HubSpot keep working on integrations, that's a super critical subject.

firma-hubspot-forum.png

0 Upvotes
WinnieHien
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi. The Option 1 workaround would require NetSuite automation. I'll keep you in mind for an early version of Drop Down Select sync. Thanks! 

DinithiAbeysiri
Contributor

Thanks for sharing this.

I have a question to @WinnieHien & @FransLeys. I've implemented the HubSpot Netsuite native integration (sandbox to sandbox) and the sync is successfully working.

But there is a major hiccup i'm having and do not know how to resolve this. 

The problem is that the contacts syncing from HubSpot via the integration creates the contact in NetSuite as a Customer & Status - Customer Closed-Won. Instead the intention is to create the contact as a Lead and Status - Lead Marketing Qualified. Any thoughts on how I can resolve this?

0 Upvotes
WinnieHien
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

BIG UPDATE in Sept 2023: 

We're able to support most dropdown fields as of May 2023

One of the biggest asks was for NetSuite Status. That's now possible to sync, too! 

WinnieHien_0-1695743598797.png

This field is supported for the Contact (Individual Customer) sync and Company (Company Customer) objects. 

Here's a 5 minute loom on how to set-up NetSuite Status sync in HubSpot.  

I'm super excited about this update! 

WinnieHien
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hi @DinithiAbeysiri, glad you found the webinar helpful.

There's lots of nuances in the integration and we cover that in the webinar. We're continuing to invest a ton in the integration, so expect to see more updates in the coming months. 😃 

The problem is that the contacts syncing from HubSpot via the integration creates the contact in NetSuite as a Customer & Status - Customer Closed-Won. Instead the intention is to create the contact as a Lead and Status - Lead Marketing Qualified.

Here’s what I’m hearing: 

• You set up your integration for HubSpot Contact to sync to NetSuite Customer (with type Individual). 
  • HubSpot sends over the contact to NetSuite with the Lead Status field set to "Customer". 
  • You want the Lead Status field to be set to "Lead Marketing Qualified". 

There’s two options here for tackling this. 

Option 1: Use Automation on the NetSuite side to set incoming NetSuite Customers from HubSpot to Lead Marketing Qualified. 

Option 2: Wait for our integration to release Drop Down Select Sync and Lookup field sync so you can map the Lead Status field.

Drop Down Select Sync is in development and is our top priority for 2023. Once we deliver this feature, we’ll likely look at supporting additional field types such as lookup fields. Timeline TBD.

DinithiAbeysiri
Contributor

Hi @WinnieHien

Thanks for the update here. 

Yes, you are correct with how the integration is mapped currently. The sync setup is connected to NetSuite Individual contacts. Will there be a difference if I pick the Contacts instead? (refer screenshot)

DinithiAbeysiri_0-1678741249980.png

To give you a bit of background on our NetSuite setup, I can see that there are 3 views in the contacts called Leads, Prospects, Customers in our NetSuite platform.

• Leads are contacts that do not have any quotes, sales orders, or invoices attached. Status is either Marketing Qualified, Sales Qualified. These are the only available labels in the dropdown in this view.
  • The transition from Leads to Prospects happen when a contact has a quote associated to it and the Status is automated to change to Prospect-Quoting. Similar to Leads, labels that are being used to define the status is visible in this view.
  • Transition from Prospect (or Lead with no quote) happens when a contat has a sales order &/or Invoice associated. Similar to above, the lables are only customer related status.

For option 1 - Is this something I need to look into from NetSuite automations?

For option 2 - I'm happy to sign up for the beta as i'm working on the sandbox environment at this stage

0 Upvotes
WinnieHien
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

0 Upvotes