HubSpot Academy Support

ggready

do these courses prepare you to work as a content writer with companies

SOLVE

Do Hubspot courses prepare you to be a content provider with a company?

0 Upvotes
1 Accepted solution
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @ggready,

As a passable copy-writer, I'd say that the HubSpot academy courses give you a solid grounding in the theory of writing inbound marketing content.  There's a great deal of valuable information in there that helps you write BETTER copy/content.  

The best way to prepare yourself for working as a content writer is to produce loads of content!  Write blogs; contact digital and print media sources within your industry and ask them if they are looking for contributors.  Practice makes perfect.

I'd also recommend reading widely.  Dale Carnegie's excellent book How to Win Friends and Influence People is definitely worthwhile.  I'm sure there are countless excellent books, blogs, etc. specifically targetted at content writers. 

By all means, work your way through the HubSpot academy courses.  There are some valuable nuggets of info in there which will make you a better writer.  BUT these courses alone will not qualify you as a professional content writer!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
AdamLPW
Solution
Key Advisor

SOLVE

Hi @ggready,

As a passable copy-writer, I'd say that the HubSpot academy courses give you a solid grounding in the theory of writing inbound marketing content.  There's a great deal of valuable information in there that helps you write BETTER copy/content.  

The best way to prepare yourself for working as a content writer is to produce loads of content!  Write blogs; contact digital and print media sources within your industry and ask them if they are looking for contributors.  Practice makes perfect.

I'd also recommend reading widely.  Dale Carnegie's excellent book How to Win Friends and Influence People is definitely worthwhile.  I'm sure there are countless excellent books, blogs, etc. specifically targetted at content writers. 

By all means, work your way through the HubSpot academy courses.  There are some valuable nuggets of info in there which will make you a better writer.  BUT these courses alone will not qualify you as a professional content writer!

Did my post help answer your query? Help the Community by marking it as a solution
"The rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience. I will dispense this experience... now!"